I disputed with RJM also after they sent me a bill advised them it was a Zombie Debt

gretchenann50

They immediately deleted it, but the tradeline still appeared for the OC, Union Bank- for account abuse, they also reported me with ChexSystems. I contacted Union Bank and asked them to Validate- to please provide me with account records because when I moved to Texas I closed this account, they apparently continued to charge maintenance fees- they contacted me back and referred me to RJM ! They stated that the account belongs to them and for me to contact them directly to settle this account- so...RJM and Union Bank aren't providing me with any documentation supporting the entry and I am not sure where to go from here. Thank you !

Anytime you dispute an entry on your CR, your first dispute should be with the credit reporting agencies.  Did you do that?

Regarding validation, Union Bank is not required to validate per the FDCPA.  That law does not apply to OCs.  If you dispute an entry on your CR, they are required to verify per the FCRA.

When you disputed with Union, did you do it in writing or by phone?