Disputing many items

kira527

When i start sending out my letters to the CRA's, I have many items to dispute, should I send them all in one letter or just a few at a time so they don't see it as frivolous? I have 37 neg items on my report and alot of them are duplicates ones closed or charged off and then sold to another collection agency so they are on there more than once, what do I do with that? I know to send letters to the CRA's first and then the Collection companies.

Any help would be apperciated

Two points.

A.  The $8/hr clerk that is going to enter your dispute into their computer system has a quota for number of transactions per minute and a very short attention span...like maybe 4 milliseconds.

2.  Any dispute that may ultimately be used in a court of law should stand on its own and not reference other instances where you and the CRAs disagree.

Therefore, group your disputes with this in mind.  IMO, one dispute per letter sent CMRRR.

• Like 1

1) Do not dispute to the bureaus before you send DV letters to the collection companies. You need to know who's going to put up a fight first before you go after everyone not to mention you may be fighting battles that ultimately don't exist.

2) Send your DV letters certified mail return receipt requested.

3) Wait about 30 days. Those accounts that don't respond with validation are the ones you don't have to fight.

4) Make sure you request all you can think of. Original Application, statements, letters, payments, canceled checks etc...

5) Make sure you tell them in the DV letter NOT to contact you by telephone at home or any other location for any reason that all communication is to be done via U.S. Mail.

Once you know who is and who isn't going to put up a fight you can then formulate a strategy for removing the accounts from your credit reports with much less stress and effort.

May The Schwartz Be With You!!!!

1) Do not dispute to the bureaus before you send DV letters to the collection companies. You need to know who's going to put up a fight first before you go after everyone not to mention you may be fighting battles that ultimately don't exist.

I disagree.  The CAs are not required to respond to DV letters that sent as a result of a consumer finding a negative entry on his/her CR.  Just because the CA doesn't respond doesn't mean the CA won't fight.  It may simply mean the CA knows he doesn't have to respond.

4) Make sure you request all you can think of. Original Application, statements, letters, payments, canceled checks etc...

These things are not required for validation, and most CAs know it. 

If the OP wants to send DV letters before disputing with the CRAs, fine.  But he should not mention his credit report and that he's disputing the CA's entry on the report.  If he does, he will lose a private right of action under the FCRA if any of the entries are incorrect and a CA refuses to correct the entry.

If the OP wants to send DV letters before disputing with the CRAs, fine.  But he should not mention his credit report and that he's disputing the CA's entry on the report.  If he does, he will lose a private right of action under the FCRA if any of the entries are incorrect and a CA refuses to correct the entry.

Exactly. ALWAYS dispute with the CRA's FIRST.

Losing a private right of action is the 'legal' way of saying that you'll lose the right to sue the CRA's under the FCRA if you don't contact them first.

And you want to keep all of your options open. Especially one that compels a CA to correct your credit report.

And I second that most CA's know that that laundry list DV letter that is on the internet is a joke.

All they have to send you to validate is your name, the name of the OC and an amount you owe. That's it.