OC bought out by seperate credit union, can I get the original tradeline deleted?

kywool

I did some searching and couldn't find anything similar so here we go, I've had an auto repossession on my report since 2008.  The original creditor was USA Federal Credit Union, which was bought out by Navy Federal Credit Union a year or two ago. Six month's ago I contacted Navy Fed and started making payments, but those payments aren't getting deducted from the amount owed on my report.  I'm assuming that they don't have access to change the original line item.  I don't want to ask Navy Fed about it because I'm afraid that they'll start reporting it under their name and then I'll have both lines on there.

Obviously I can't contact the non existent USA Fed anymore, so I want to dispute with the CRA.

Do you think that the CRA will contact Navy Fed, or will they just call it quits and delete it when they learn that USA Fed doesn't exist and not available to validate the debt?

While I was messing around with the online dispute I noticed that there was the option of "debt transferred"(I will not be using online dispute anymore now that I've been reading this forum).  Does this dispute option delete that trade line or does it just get annotated that it was transferred?  This would be assuming that the debt validation option doesn't work.

They will send the dispute out via eOscar.  If the original creditor does not exist, they may not respond and the account will get deleted.  It's possible that the new CR will respond to the old company's disputes and then there would be a problem.  However, it does not hurt to dispute the account now.