Help

Arroyogto23

I have receiving calls form Bertrand management group they call my work saying that if I didn't call them back they were going to serve me! So I call them back I spoke to Erica Alvarado she told she can work with me on payments! so I made a payment for 200 but then I miss the payments for 3 months and she call me again saying that they were ready to serve me! that they were going to send a cop to my house or to my work with some papers to go to court so I made another payment but then I checked online I see a lot o people talking a lot bout this company! That they are scams so I don't know what to do! If keep paying or stop and get more info!

Don't ever pay anyone just because they say you owe money.  Do your research.  Get documentation.  There's alot of scam artists out there who take advantage of unsuspecting consumers.

If they're calling your cell phone, save their number on your caller ID.  Save any messages they might leave.  Did you pay with a check?  If so, get a copy of it to see who and where it was endorsed.

As Willingtocope stated, you need to speak to an attorney. 

• 4 weeks later...

how long has it been since they last called.

If it has been a few months I would serve them. They told you they would sue and have not that is an fdcpa violation

§ 807.  False or misleading representations  [15 USC 1962e]

(4) The representation or implication that nonpayment of any debt will result in the arrest or imprisonment of any person or the seizure, garnishment, attachment, or sale of any property or wages of any person unless such action is lawful and the debt collector or creditor intends to take such action.

(5) The threat to take any action that cannot legally be taken or that is not intended to be taken.

Not to mention the way they bullied you into making payments.

§ 808.  Unfair practices [15 USC 1692f]