can they do this?

received letter from ca for first priemerbank account that just went into collections  The letter stated I have 30 days to reply or they will consider this account valid. Sent them a DV letter to buy some time to negotiate with the OC but, They waited till the day after 30 period was up to sign the green card. Can they do that?

cool thanks,

so now that i know that they cant report till they validate, can i still try to work things out with OC.

I'm going to ask them to re age the account with this remove late or should i ask them to remove late.

the account just recently co and they did reopen it in the past but, it shows all the late and co.

its my oldest trade line and would like to keep it or, is it best to ask for ptd and start over with new trade line.

trying to figure this out before i call them. 

First, yes you can deal with the OC.  They may try to ppush you to the CA, but,  if it were me, I would fight my waay thru their autmated phone system and tell a live human that its my personal policy not to deal with CAs and if they want their money they'll talk to me directly.

As far as the CO's and Lates are concerned those are "status" as of that month, and there probably isn't much you can do about them.

If you can get this brought up to date, and they will let you keep it open, that would be best.

oh yeah that's right.

so if oc wont negotiate  and i already sent ca a dv letter? did i just screw my self, because i sent dv letter to soon. ca is not reporting to cra's yet so i cant dispute  with them and if i wait till they do report to cra's i cant ask them to validate again or can i

Since you have sent the CA a DV, if they do report to the CRAs, that's considered "continuing collection activity without validation" which is an FDCPA violation.  They might get away with reporting if they mark their TL "in dispute" because the actual timing of all the communications may be hard to prove.