Dispute Process Please Help

odjohnson3

Hey everyone,

Ive been reading over a lot of information in the forums on repairing my credit and thus I decided to try to start trying to clean up some of the negitive information on my credit information. While most of it is medical, I do have 3 tradelines that im trying to remove and all are past SOL. I disputed 3 tradelines at one time with each credit bureau. However in my process Ive hit a fork in the road. Feel free to chime in and advise me as to how I can continue my dispute process. Heres a history of my dispute process and everything ive done in the order ive done it in

1) OPT Out

2) Simple Dispute to credit bureau that a few accounts did not belong to me

3) While waiting on the credit bureaus to investigate, I sent out DV Letters to the collection agencies under dispute (2 of which fell off) :)

4) Ok heres where things get tricky.

I forgot to put my social security number on the reports and experian wrote me a letter saying they wont investigate until I resubmit the dispute with proper documentation of a copy of a photo ID, proof of address, and social security number. I understood because I did forget to put my SS# on my dispute, BUT I DID USE THE REPORT NUMBER I HAD FROM A CURRENT CREDIT REPORT.

Weirdly tho, they deleted one trade line and the other two remained. And one of these two had all the information turned to N/A on almost every category except the dates. Everything else was turned to N/A  (scratching my head)

Trans Union on the other hand did complete the investigation and one item said updated (the same account that Experian changed all the info to N/A on), the other was deleted (same account that experian deleted)

Equifax...well I didnt get anything by mail from them but they did delete the same account Experian and Trans Union deleted.

5) So after I got my results, I sent a 623 dispute to the remaining collection agencies

6) In the time im waiting on the 623 disputes, I decided to dispute my personal information (names and address while I wait on the 623 results)

7) And now here I am with this paper trail and no response to any debt validation letter submitted NOR 623 dispute.

I was told I can submit a letter to the CRA requesting deletion for the CA non compliance and provide proof of copies of the CMRR receipts. If this is indeed the process, can someone point me in the direction of a sample letter PLEASE?????

Ive also read that the next step after that, if the CRA does not delete will be to file a FTC, BBB complaint and also report this to my Attorney General. Forward those copies along with an ITS letter to the CA and give them 15 days to respond. If they dont respond in 15 days then actually file suit against them....

Im not sure if I got the correct direction with my dispute but it seems pretty convincing. If im wrong or can do something better then by all means please do give me some advice.. I am however looking for a template or letter to send the CRA in hopes that they will delete these last two accounts for the CA's non compliance. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out with this.

Thanks in advance,

Dean

If you did not request debt validation within the first 30 days, they do not have to respond to a debt validation request. 

However, if the credit bureaus responded to your dispute with an "account verified", then you can request verification from the collection agency.  That is the process of the 623.  

I would just sit tight and see what the results of your 623 are.  

It's a good thing that you disputed your address, hopefully they will not be able to match your current address with old accounts and therefore just delete.  

• Like 1

If you did not request debt validation within the first 30 days, they do not have to respond to a debt validation request. 

However, if the credit bureaus responded to your dispute with an "account verified", then you can request verification from the collection agency.  That is the process of the 623.  

I would just sit tight and see what the results of your 623 are.  

It's a good thing that you disputed your address, hopefully they will not be able to match your current address with old accounts and therefore just delete.  

Right, I understand they dont have to respond to my debt validation request since its outside of the first 30 days. I only requested a debt validation for more leverage to show their non compliance...

So if they dont respond to this 623 dispute, Im wondering how to proceed. Im pretty sure I can send a letter to the CRA and attorney general with my long paper trail showing how they keep ignoring (not only my debt validation request) but more importantly, ignoring my 623 dispute. Im not sure how to word a non compliance letter and quote what violations they have by doing such

Ive read around quite a few post but all of which simply state "your in violation of the FCRA and FDCPA" 

but none of which quote what statue of law or what law in particular they violate. Forgive me of my ignorance, im just trying to sound like a well informed consumer so they will take me serious and remove these 2 listings

If anyone had like a follow up letter I can send stating what laws were violated by the CA for not responding to my 623 investigation, I WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATIVE...OR JUS KINDA HELP ME WITH WHAT STATUES OF LAW WERE VIOLATED so I can draft one up myself 

Again, im aware that the CA didnt have to respond to my debt validation request, I only sent them to show a paper trail and the CA's intentional neglect to me and my request, not only for debt validation but an actual 623 Dispute which is valid (even after the first 30 days) ;)

Its like they are intentionally ignoring me

which sounds like......

Failure to perform 623 dispute

Wilfull non compliance

with a long paper trail and copies of return receipts to serve as proof ...Not sure but im sure im missing some more violations but these 2 stand out the most....I DONT KNOW WHAT STATUE OF LAW it is tho -___-