Sign in to follow this  
waverlymike

Help Removing Student Loan Delinquents from CR

I've been going through this saga of trying to clean up my credit report and many thanks for the responses I have gotten. So there are a few tradelines on my credit reports regarding one student loan that I had defaulted on. Going back through my school records, I took it out in the period ending June of 2005. If I never paid that one (just took care of it a few months ago because I know they can sue for that forever) would it most likely be past the 7 year reporting period at this point? It is reported a few times under AES/NCT, National Collegiate Trust, and Citizen's Bank. They all list different dates, 2007, 2008, etc. However, from what I have read, if I originally defaulted on it in or around the middle of 2005 wouldn't ALL of the tradelines related to it be invalid at this time? Thank you for clarification on this.

If they are duplicate entries, then yes, they should absolutely be tied to that original entry.  You can try and dispute them as duplicates.  Unfortunately, though, the credit bureaus often treat them as separate loans.  

Thank you. When I'm looking at my Equifax Three-in-one report, how do I know the original date of delinquency? It has "Date Opened" and "Balance Date." It's obviously not Balance Date, but is "Date Opened" what I'm looking for? 

WIthout looking at it, I think it would be the first late on the earliest student loan account.