Sign in to follow this  
rbdaniel33

Refi process - Chase wants to pull credit again

Good afternoon

Please let me know if if am posting this in the wrong location.

I started the refinance process January 15th. Chase pulled my credit and score to start the process. My score was different from what I saw from the Equifax triple score report ( I have an account with them).

Today Feb 6th, I spoke with the bank and they said I had to restart  the process because I was late January and February 2011.. I does not show in the credit report, but she insists that I need to start the process again which would require them to pull the credit again. My score for Equifax dropped 8 POINTS that day from 711 to 703, and I am affraid another pull would pull me below 700 which would be unacceptable at least for me.

Additionally, The other scores were way off to what I had pulled, How is that possible.

My question is, Would my credit go even lower if CHASE pulls my credit within 30 days?

I called Equifax and their response was to referred me to a 3rd party Advisor company. Arent they (Equifax) the company that keeps scores? This is ridiculous?

My score according to CHASE:

Equifax 695

Trans Union 683

Experian 711

My report from Experian:

Equifax 699

Trans Union 716

Equifax 711 / now 703 after pull.

Thank you

Daniel

The scoring system counts all pulls within one 30 day period as only one pull, so pulling your report one more time will not matter. 

• Like 1

FYI 

If it's Equifax Mortgage services reporting to Chase let me tell you, They do not share information from Equifax/CSC in Atlanta, their own division.  

I know because I'm trying to refi and ran into a Tri Merge system that my mortgage company uses

When I got the credit report it was Equifax Mortgage services ( I have a post on this whole process)

Supposedly Equifax mortgage services will compile all 3 CRA's information, But I found that 80% of the information was wrong. I had deletes from all 3 CRA's that were not taken off the Equifax mortgages report.

and yes the scores will not match because there is a Fica mortgage score too.

Fica score is from Fica.com only.  Mortgage companies use this score amoung other things in their calculations to.

from what my loan officer said was they will take the middle score on a FHA Refi which requires a 630 and a conventional of 670.  

I'm still trying to understand all this myself, but according to your scores you posted should be fine. 

consider yourself lucky I battling a 618 . so I have several months before I get this cleared up.

Good luck  

Hello Big sister and Newbie

Thank you for your postings. I will follow Big sister's update and let them do the pull. Newbie, thank you for the note. It is not from Equifax Mortgage, I went to Chase Bank and the pull shows Chase.. so that should be good. I am going to look into this Fica,com site and see..

Thank you

Daniel

• Like 1