bluelife

NRN collecting on behalf Sill&assoc.

This was from a company that was supposed to take care or help with my credit card problems.

All they did was charge me monthly and i never heard from them after that.

I paid the amount down about half of the original 3500 for the "service"

anyways, i had a really tight month a year or two back and stopped paying, especially because i wasnt receiving any help.

what is the best thing to do from here?

IMG_20130211_122619.jpg

EDITED 3/14/2013

So i got my second letter from them, and they are saying i got 15 more days.

picture posted on post #11

The company was Sill & Associates, they promised to help with my credit issues and problems and stop the calls, neither was true. 

They were successful in extending and prolonging one of my credit cards i was to pay off and then negotiated a 35% reduction.

But i really never heard from them besides that once instance about a year after i started their "services"

What is best strategy, DV letter and what to expect next?

I would send them a DV letter immediately, you are now dealing with a collections firm.  To deal with the debt settlement firm, it sounds like you have a contract?  It sounds like they are pretty shady, you should report them to your state attorney general.  

• Like 1

Not sure what state you're in but you may want to check if that company is required by law to maintain a "surety bond".

If they are required (in most states they are) and do not have it, they may be guilty of a felony.

Not something they will want to deal with.

If that's the case let us know here and we'll do our best to advise on the next step.

Not sure what state you're in but you may want to check if that company is required by law to maintain a "surety bond".

If they are required (in most states they are) and do not have it, they may be guilty of a felony.

Why would they be guilty of a felony?

• Like 1

Why would they be guilty of a felony?

Curious of this as well. Sounds interesting?

I would send them a DV letter immediately, you are now dealing with a collections firm.  To deal with the debt settlement firm, it sounds like you have a contract?  It sounds like they are pretty shady, you should report them to your state attorney general.  

Are all the debt valuation letters the same, i know when i first found this site i saw an example somewhere but now i did a search and could not find any topics with debt valuation letter in it that also has an example of one. anyone know where to look?>

How would i go about reporting them to my state attorney general? is that different than the bbb?

Also, my notifications were not coming into my email from this site properly so i missed the responses a few weeks ago. The letter is dated january 30, 2013 and i know I am over that "30 day" time period now,....

....what are my options now? still send the letter and see what happens?

OK, so no DV for you.  If it is on your CR, dispute it with the CRA.

OK, so no DV for you.  If it is on your CR, dispute it with the CRA.

How would i go about doing that?

Individually contact all three OR is there some way to do all at once.

What is best method/way to dispute?

Dispute by mail cmrrr only, if you use any cra's online disputing service you do not have a paper trail in case they refuse.

If you have the contract from the credit management service take it to an attorney, if you can prove breech of contract you can sue them.

You file a complaint with your state AG by calling them or going to their website.

• Like 1

Dispute by mail cmrrr only, if you use any cra's online disputing service you do not have a paper trail in case they refuse.

If you have the contract from the credit management service take it to an attorney, if you can prove breech of contract you can sue them.

You file a complaint with your state AG by calling them or going to their website.

Thank you BTO429!

So does this mean i have nothing i can do regarding this letter/matter?

Other than dispute it with credit reporting agency? 

When do i contact them, do i have to wait for some group to sue me/serve me?

When disputing through mail, how do you get that process started, what is the proper wording one should use when going about this?

So i just received this in the mail today, 

does this mean i can still send a DV letter? i hope thats the case

NRN%202nd%20letter.jpg

and i apologize for my lack of etiquette in the former questions, i have done a little searching around and found the answers i needed.

Is this a debt validation letter and a proper example of one or is there one that is better?

Dear mr. collector @ <Agency Name>,

I just received your letter dated <date>, and under my rights under the FDCPA, I request that you validate this debt.

Please provide me with the following:

What the money you say I owe is for;

Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;

Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;

Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;

Identify the original creditor;

Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account

Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state

Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

Sincerely,

<myname>

----OR---

Your Name
Your Address

Their Name
Their Address

Account number

Date

Dear _________________________,

This letter is in response to your letter dated ______________________, 2013 (copy enclosed).

I dispute this alleged account in its entirety.

As per the FDCPA, I have the right to request proper validation of the alleged debt.

All phone calls are inconvenient, so all communications need to be by mail.

Best Regards,

your name

sent CMRR to Nationwide Recovery Network, INC right?

Regarding your letter received on ___/___/_____ for account number ____________, I hereby demand validation of this alleged debt.

Sincerely,

Me

Simple is all that is needed.

If you really want a long snarky one, google for "site:creditinfocenter.com snarky" and backtrack the references.  But don't expect it to do anything except make them read a couple extra lines.

• Like 1

Simple is all that is needed.

If you really want a long snarky one, google for "site:creditinfocenter.com snarky" and backtrack the references.  But don't expect it to do anything except make them read a couple extra lines.

Thanks Torden!

I received this in the mail today...  Looks like they are working closely with the original group. He even offered me a little "plan" on the last page. Whats the best strategy and my different options from here?

IMG_20130329_102850.jpg

IMG_20130329_102904.jpg

IMG_20130329_102918.jpg

IMG_20130329_102924.jpg

I just found these reviews of Sill & a&#036;&#036;. Y

Reviews for Sill & Associates LLCNote: The reviews below are not factored into the business's overall star rating.

Erica J.

Merced, CA

8/17/2012

Be careful, they are more interested in your payment to them than in helping you with your finances.

0 friends

1 review

J. l. D.

Foresthill, CA

1/9/2012

Amazing company. I went in with $48,000.00 in credit card debt and paying $800.00 per month in payments. That was a year ago. Now, I am out of debt and saving $800.00 per month. The process was easy and very personal. Being in their office was like being with my family. I would highly recommend this company if you want to get out of debt safely.

0 friends

2 reviews

Sacramento H.

Sacramento, CA

12/29/2011

Should be called SCAM and ASSOCIATES. They charge you more than a credit card for interest . Who wants to go into debt further to get help with their debt. The owner can sell water to an eskimo. Be CAREFUL with these guys. LIES, LIES and more LIES.

• Like 1

Anyone with experience with either NRN, or sill & associates in California?

Gary was able to provide a COPY of agreement, whats the best way to proceed?

Not something they will want to deal with.

If that's the case let us know here and we'll do our best to advise on the next step.

Where would i go to check this, the company's site or another state site?

I would send them a foad letter myself and wait and see if they sue. Those statements can be challenged in court.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who is thinking "Credit Repair Organization Act Violation"?

• Like 1

No.  

• Like 1

I saw in another thread FOAD letter (aka C&D letter) OR DV... I've already done DV and the Collection Agency's response is post #15.

Can i still do a FOAD letter? or was that only when being sent at the same time it is not allowed?

this one is rather hilarious by razr...

hm, whats the best to use.... they did provide a copy of agreement, but just still deny right?

Re: Account # 123456789

Dear Mr. Collector,

I'm NOT GOING TO PAY this alleged debt. Ever. If all the grains of sands on every beach on every ocean said "NOT GOING TO PAY" in tiny red letters, it would still not be enough to express how much I'm NOT GOING TO PAY. Cease and desist your collection efforts, because I'm NOT GOING TO PAY. 

Warm Regards,
You

PS. In case I didn't make it clear. I'm NOT GOING TO PAY.

Not at all, I was sitting down to go see what specific laws her state may have also.

CROA

SEC. 409. CIVIL LIABILITY.

(a) Liability Established.--Any person who fails to comply with any provision of this title with respect to any other person shall be liable to such person in an amount equal to the sum of the amounts determined under each of the following paragraphs:

(1) Actual damages.--The greater of--  

(A) the amount of any actual damage sustained by such person as a result of such failure; or  

(B) any amount paid by the person to the credit repair organization.

(2) Punitive damages.--  

(A) Individual actions.--In the case of any action by an individual, such additional amount as the court may allow.

SEC. 411. STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS.

Any action to enforce any liability under this title may be brought before the later of-- (1) the end of the 5-year period beginning on the date of the occurrence of the violation involved; or   (2) in any case in which any credit repair organization has materially and willfully misrepresented any information which--   (A) the credit repair organization is required, by any provision of this title, to disclose to any consumer; and   (B) is material to the establishment of the credit repair organization's liability to the consumer under this title, the end of the 5-year period beginning on the date of the discovery by the consumer of the misrepresentation.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/croa/croa.shtm

• Like 1

Not at all, I was sitting down to go see what specific laws her state may have also.

CROA

SEC. 409. CIVIL LIABILITY.

(a) Liability Established.--Any person who fails to comply with any provision of this title with respect to any other person shall be liable to such person in an amount equal to the sum of the amounts determined under each of the following paragraphs:

(1) Actual damages.--The greater of--  

(A) the amount of any actual damage sustained by such person as a result of such failure; or  

( B) any amount paid by the person to the credit repair organization.

(2) Punitive damages.--  

(A) Individual actions.--In the case of any action by an individual, such additional amount as the court may allow.

SEC. 411. STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS.

Any action to enforce any liability under this title may be brought before the later of-- (1) the end of the 5-year period beginning on the date of the occurrence of the violation involved; or   (2) in any case in which any credit repair organization has materially and willfully misrepresented any information which--   (A) the credit repair organization is required, by any provision of this title, to disclose to any consumer; and   ( B) is material to the establishment of the credit repair organization's liability to the consumer under this title, the end of the 5-year period beginning on the date of the discovery by the consumer of the misrepresentation.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/croa/croa.shtm

so.... foad letter it is?,....

You don't have to go to the extent of FOAD.  A simple C&D letter will suffice or just a refusal to pay.  

• Like 1