Midland Credit DV issue

I sent a DV letter to Midland in January.  Two days after the recieved the letter, they sent me two different letters.  One stating I had indicated that I was being represented by an attorney (which I did not) and demanding to know my attorney's name, address and phone number so that they could communicate with them directly.  The other stated that they had received my request and were conducting an investigation. 

The letter demanding my attorney information stated that if they did not hear from me in 30 days they would assume I was not being represented by an attorney and urging me to call their office to sort it out if they were mistaken.  I sent another letter (Certified RR requested) with a copy of the first signed return receipt, a copy of the first letter and again stating that I was seeking validation.  This appears to be some sort of stall tactic or an attempt to get me to call them. 

If you do want to respond to the letter, respond IN WRITING only.  Do not call them.  Calling them makes them think you expect to do communications by phone.  You can be sure the harassment level will go up at that time.  To the extent you want to keep it going, do it IN WRITING because you can more easily document it all.

As for the letter about an attorney, I see no reason to answer it.  If it came CMRRR, they know you got it.  But that doesn't obligate a response.  Their stated 30 day limit is merely how they claim they want to react about it.  These are people that react insanely about so many things that there isn't much to worry about.  They lie.  They are threatening to lie more in 30 days.  So what.  You have a right to obtain an attorney at any time.  So this all means nothing.