brownsfan12

Debt Arbitrators (DA) in Texas a debt settlement Company using a Fake Lawyer Firm

On Feb 2nd I received a letter in the mail from DA (Debt Arbitrators) saying that they can reduce my CC Debt of 20k to 11k (See attached) I took out all the personal info for obvious reasons.

Included with the letter was a "winter catalog" not sure what the purpose is if that.

On Feb. 6th I received another letter very similar to the first on only on it was Pink and some dates changed.

So I decided to called them on Saturday (Feb. 9th) and talked with a Laurie from Debt Arbitrators and she was really nice and persuasive explaining the basic process of how it works and convinced me to sign up Saturday using an electronic signing process that took maybe 10 min. to sign everything. The Limited Scope Legal Service Agreement (LSLSA) looked like something from a law firm and legal contract written up by ******* Law Firm, LLC (See attached LSLSA) also attached the service fee's and Savings schedule that they proposed.

After I signed everything I started thinking and got a bad feeling that I had just been had. So I started googling Debt Arbitrators name and came up with very, very little (A BBB accredited rating of Not rated and looks like they were only est. on FEB. 02 of 2013) So that got me even more nervous,

So I started searching for the ***** Law Firm, LLC that was on my LSLSA agreement and found a Law Firm in Texas with the exact same name as on my LSLSA form, but found on there website that they only do Family and criminal Law. I then went on the Texas State Bar association website and saw that there was only one such Law firm and the contact info matched to the ***** Law firm, LLC Website but not to the LSLSA form that I signed.

So I called the **** Law Firm (real one) that I found online and left a msg. saying that I had some questions.

The owner of the Firm called me back and I explained everything to her, she was astounded and said that it is was most definitely not them and that they do no such practices. I sent her a copy of my LSLSA agreement form and my letters that I received as well. She was appalled that someone was using her firm's name to make these forms look legit.

After that I knew I had messed up big time, so I signed a letter for cancellation and sent it to their email but it came back as Unavailable email address, this email was on the LSLSA form and specifically said that if you want to opt out of this contract to sign so and so and send to this email.... So I tried calling with no answer. Finally I sent the Cancellation letter Certified Mail with Request Receipt.

That evening Laurie left a msg on my machine saying that I had violated terms and why I sent LSLSA forms to an unidentified person and that they do NOT appreciate a Law Firm calling them with accusations, and that they are NOT a scam :) She was more than a little peeved.

I heve since been in contact with the real ***** Law Firm and they are proceeding with suing Debt Arbitrators and they are trying to get more info on them. 
I was asked to be a witness.

If you received a similar letter as I did, please let me know. 

When I was searching for this company when I came across this forum and this is the most informative forum that I have ever seen. The people on here are generous and polite (Something that is hard to find nowadays) 

post-97131-0-57591400-1360847810_thumb.j

post-97131-0-98622100-1360847913_thumb.j

post-97131-0-31064700-1360848753_thumb.j

post-97131-0-01314700-1360848818_thumb.j

• Like 2

I am not sure what to think.  They use Global Client Solutions (legit company) for the savings account.  They have a B- rating with the BBB, although they are not BBB accredited.  I signed up last night and called today to opt out, but the guy who signed me up (JD) is not there until Monday so they said I should call him directly on Monday.  The girl on the phone assured me they are not a scam.  I did go to the law firm website...are you saying the site it fake?  Please help, I am freaking out!

• Like 2

Rec a letter from DA 15851 Dallas pkwy Ste 600 Addison,Tx 75001 on 10 May 13.

Basically said I owed 20'000 and could reduce it to 11'400 w/ a payment of 366.67.

The letter was postmarked fm Anahiem, Ca. (Any false flags yet?)

My wife and I have near perfect credit ratings, and owe FAR less than 20K...

Internet search showed their website had been disbanded.

Called the 800 #... Answered by a Ashley who had a lovely voice and proceeded to steer me to get involved.

Said the data she had was a compilation of info submitted by creditors... (BS...we do not owe 20K!)

Like a previous comment or, I only signed in to reiterate that this is a FALSE / SCAM / FRAUD to get your money.

It took me over 30 minutes to find the info online... Hope this helps any one searching for DA in Addison, TX.

The TX AG will be sent this letter as I have found others have done.

• Like 3

Turleyhill, the figures you quoted from your mail solicitation were exactly the same as what was mailed to me. So they must have mailed out the same notifications (with the same figures) to any and all potential clients regardless of their debt status. From my own internet searches, I've found others who have received such mailings from DA with the same numbers...so I agree that the figures don't represent any data they collected whatsoever!

I also put in a call to their Worden Law Firm they use and asked that if I ended up getting sued by my CC company for lack of payment on my card - which they do have the right - would the WLF afford me a lawyer to represent me in court in my state...and they said "No". So I told them I have no interest in shelling out more money to hire another attorney to represent myself besides the one(s) at WLF who are supposedly working for my best interests on my account. So, needless to say, I cancelled that program I was in and I just chalked up my 2 month loss as a painful learning experience.

I would recommend people to beware of this Debt Arbitrators in Addison TX and stay clear!

• Like 1

We were also contacted by DA with the above quoted debt figures, but in smaller letters at the top of the boxes, it does say "Example".  The pitch we got was to participate in a national hardship program for seniors living on SS.  The brief description made it appear to be a government aid program, even to the point that we should decide soon because the law could change.  Phone conversations were even more explicit in explaining the "program".  I did not find these postings or other negative information (I guess I used wrong parameters). 

Today I tried again to find info, and found this!  We are busy trying to cancel program now.  I am really concerned about all the personal and financial information we have given them....

Thanks for the information.  I too am contacting the only Texas Worden law firm that is in the Bar Association.  I did find a wiki listing with the same address as DA....

I would also recommend people to beware of this Debt Arbitrators in Addison TX and stay clear!     ::drowning::

• Like 1

I too have been getting letters from DA in Addison, TX for the past 3-4 months or so.  I have been throwing each one away because I owe no one the amt stated.  The letters do look official but scream SCAM to me.

Today I got a final notice from them stating I owe $25,000 but they will settle for $14,250.  I googled the phone number on the notice, 1-800-409-1700 and found various Asian listings which made no sense.

I googled the address and found their website http://debtarbitrators.com but the phone number is different and I don't know if this is actually them.  I called the number on the notice and basically reamed them out and asked to be removed from their scam list. 

Then I found this site and all your informative and helpful comments.  I also joined just to reply.  Turlyhill- Good eye regarding the CA post mark on an allegedly TX company.

• Like 1

Execellent testimonies from both myomymary and flightgirl1!  I'm glad that people are finding this forum in their search for the truth behind this scam.  It was a painful ordeal for me, but glad that I canxd that program and just managed to find a lower interest loan to consolidate all my CC debt into.  I'm finding it's always good to question everything, no matter how legit something may seem.  I know there is an effort to have DA taken to court over the legality of their business, however I am not in the loop as to that progress...however I do wish the prosecution the best of success!

• Like 1

Hi All. Thanks for sharing information. Even I recv'd same mails in on 6/13,6/28 and another that expires on 7/12/2013 today. Postal stamp address ..SANTA ANA,CA, Permit #507,rom DA -15851 Dallas Pkwy Ste 600,Addison,TX, 75001

Phone number :1-800-400-6750

http://www.debtarbitrators.com/catalog15

Debt Mediation catalog and 2013 Spring catalog.

I signed in just to share the news. To inform people that on June 17th 2013 also these people sending mails.

I also am receiving these letters (3rd one today) from DA, 15851 Dallas Pkwy Ste 600 Addison,TX 75001, but like some of you are saying the Postal Address is SANTA ANA,CA

I was curious if there were any posts concerning this 'Debt Arbitrators' deal - I am glad I found this information.

I am soooo glad I stumbled over this topic, I just signed up (electronically) for their program, your posting makes my hair stand up on my back.

Now I am also scanning other things like topics, how this type of debt reduction is very bad for your credit record, I have a perfect credit score. Reading DA's fine print made clear that this would be all down the tube.

They might be legit but a couple of fraud flags went up goggling them and the associated 'Global Client Solutions'. Should have done so first!

So I send my cancelation email, which seems to have gone through, will also send a hard copy via mail and block my bank account from the first scheduled withdraw in just 2 days.

Have to pay of my cards the old fashion way, work harder and generate more business.

Thanks for this informative and eye opening post.

Wolfgang

SO GLAD I saw this....I signed up yesterday and have been on the phone with them all day trying to confirm my cancellation.   Did get a cancellation confirmation back from them, but also faxing and mailing the letter.  Did a stop payment on the draft...I am sick over this.    Of those of you who have "cancelled," have they attempting to drat your account?  I am wondering if I need to cancel my checking account and get a new one.  Ugh.

SO GLAD I saw this....I signed up yesterday and have been on the phone with them all day trying to confirm my cancellation.   Did get a cancellation confirmation back from them, but also faxing and mailing the letter.  Did a stop payment on the draft...I am sick over this.    Of those of you who have "cancelled," have they attempting to drat your account?  I am wondering if I need to cancel my checking account and get a new one.  Ugh.

If you haven't done it already, you need to call Global Cient Solutions (800 398-7191) to close the savings account which DA had set up for you at the beginning of your program.  Once I did that, there were no further automatic scheduled drafts from my bank account...so you will NOT need to cancel your current checking account.  Good luck getting back on your feet financially!

• Thanks 1

Like a few of the others, I created an account just to be able to comment on this. I'm really glad I found this post as we got the exact same letter in the mail today, same amounts and everything. My husband is a Jr and in the past we've gotten collection notices for his estranged father so I thought this might have something to do with him. Good luck Brownsfan12 and everyone else working to cancel their enrollment, I hope that law firm is able to successfully sue Debt Arbitrators.

My dad signed up for this.. is it a scam should I get him to cancel? If It is a scam are you guys pursing any type of legal action? please let me know if this is a scam I hate to see someone take advantage of my father just because he is getting up there in age

I have been receiving these notices ever since I recently retired in May.  By the end of May, I had paid off all of my cc debt.  These notices started showing up in July.  It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out.  Send this info to the Texas AG. 

I have been receiving these notices ever since I recently retired in May.  By the end of May, I had paid off all of my cc debt.  These notices started showing up in July.  It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out.  Send this info to the Texas AG. 

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/agency/contacts.shtml

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/cpd_regionals.shtml

I got a letter in mail in the month of April. I was struggling hard to pay huge credit card bill. I spoke with Marc Collymore and signed agreement. I started paying a hefty instalments every month. But still I was getting phone calls from credit cards. Now I have realized that I have been scammed. I have emailed whole request to https://www.oag.state.tx.us/agency/contacts.shtml#email

• Like 1