Two 10k debt from 2009!!!

ponarona

Hi guys i have 2 10k debts that defaulted in the 2009. I have sent letters of validation and have gotten back nothing but a final statement. The accounts are with Portfolio recovery and Midland, i'm in Georgia but the debts were created in Kansas and Missouri(My girlfriends). Apparently we can't get a house until the debts are settled. I have about 5k extra money to pay them off.

I'm trying to decide whether to take these companies to court or attempt a pay for delete. If i take them to court i was wondering what kind of Lawyer i could hire to handle the case and/ or how to go about the pay for delete. 

I have gone through the website i was just looking for a starting point our some advice as i go through the final phases of my lady's credit repair.

Thanks.

You can do a pay for delete and that will meet your mortgage requirements - if the mortgage company has already seen your collections, you're not really going for the credit as much as the outstanding debt.  You can probably get by with paying less if you're not asking them not to report.  

You can do a pay for delete and that will meet your mortgage requirements - if the mortgage company has already seen your collections, you're not really going for the credit as much as the outstanding debt.  You can probably get by with paying less if you're not asking them not to report.

Ok so just looking to settle the debt they will be more flexible? Thanks for the advice that sounds about right. I used a mortgage broker the first time and then tried a bank. 

This is a great website.

• 2 weeks later...