WHY DOES THE FORUM KEEP GOING DOWN?

TomnTex

I don't know about a previous outage, but TODAY I saw TWO outages in close time proximity that involved the entire hosting provider that provides the domain name servers for the creditinfocenter.com domain.  Since I had not saved the IP address for www.creditinfocenter.com and could not look it up, I did not know if the site itself was down.  Now that I can look it up, I see that it is in a different place on the net.  The web server hosting this forum may well have been up all the time and wondering why no one was visiting.

The provider handling the domain name servers went down for a while yesterday.  Their whole network was down, but as far as I can see, CIC is only using that network for the DNS.  What people would get was an error that it could not find www.creditinfocenter.com or creditinfocenter.com, depending on what data their own DNS caching server had cached.  The board system and software itself would have been up and not logged any errors.  There could be a gap of usage in the logs.