Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I live in Washington state and purchased a used vehicle last month.

The used car dealership & I sign a contract which is already sold to a local credit union.

On the contact I made a $2100 deposit. 500 was on a check, 1000 was cash and 600 was on the debit card. Now the used car dealership gave me a letter that i still owe them 1000 on the down payment and wants proof of payment. How can i prove I paid them in cash?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, does your contract say you owe them $2100 as your initial down payment?


You can obviously document both the $500 check and the $600 debit card. That should be easy. You will have records proving this.

Next, you can show them the receipt they gave you for the $1000 you gave them, RIGHT?



Get the Sales Manager on the phone, or go down there and speak to them in person.

This *should* be a quick fix IF you got a receipt for the $1000 cash.


And if you didn't, well, then you never paid them that $1000. 

Just like the collection agencies that we speak of on this board.

If it isn't in writing, it never happened.


Let us know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.