DaFish

SANCTIONS FOR FAILURE TO APPEAR against law firm in Calif

Likely the sanctions he imposed was dismissal without prejudice, this is the most often sanctions for something like this. So if they want to pursue it further, they have to pay to file it again. Now you need to get your memorandum of costs filed so they have to pay you and cost them more.

Were these sanctions issued at your request or did the judge issue them on his own?

Judge issued them.

Likely the sanctions he imposed was dismissal without prejudice, this is the most often sanctions for something like this. So if they want to pursue it further, they have to pay to file it again. Now you need to get your memorandum of costs filed so they have to pay you and cost them more.

Thats what happened. Dismissal without prejudice.......Memorandum Filed!!

hi dafish, why didn't you push for dismissal w/prejudice? just curious. 

I guess I just wanted to get out of there. I hope they try to refile, because they, like all of the other JDB's had no case and I was ready to rock their world!

I guess I just wanted to get out of there. I hope they try to refile, because they, like all of the other JDB's had no case and I was ready to rock their world!

Lol, congrats on the dismissal, be careful what you hope for.

• Like 1

Lol, congrats on the dismissal, be careful what you hope for.

Yeah, sometimes I get pretty full of myself....I will be more careful. I just get so riled when I see all of these folks that are in the same boat as me being stomped on because we were victims of circumstance. I'm not a flake. I have had perfect credit my whole life until 2008 when it all went to hell. Heck, I hate having a debit card, but it's a neccesity. I will never, ever have a card, or an auto loan and if I can help it, a mortgage with a bank.....I will do business with my Credit Union, but very carefully....

• Like 1

Yeah, sometimes I get pretty full of myself....I will be more careful. I just get so riled when I see all of these folks that are in the same boat as me being stomped on because we were victims of circumstance. I'm not a flake. I have had perfect credit my whole life until 2008 when it all went to hell. Heck, I hate having a debit card, but it's a neccesity. I will never, ever have a card, or an auto loan and if I can help it, a mortgage with a bank.....I will do business with my Credit Union, but very carefully....

I hear that. I think most of us here are or where in the same boat. The bad credit is temperary. You will probaly beat them anyway if they do come back, and enjoy it.

• Like 1