Got a Judgement and now got Memorandum Of Cost

Flyertan,

I fought all the way but since I was nervous and my credit report that I had printed out was not accepted due to the name on the report and my aka name on the debt.  my whole argument was the account in question was no were to be found on my credit report.  It was a citi account and my credit report still shows all other citi accounts that were close as far back as my colleges years.  sucks because i feel it was really lost in this whole legal process. 

Flyertan,

I fought all the way but since I was nervous and my credit report that I had printed out was not accepted due to the name on the report and my aka name on the debt.  my whole argument was the account in question was no were to be found on my credit report.  It was a citi account and my credit report still shows all other citi accounts that were close as far back as my colleges years.  sucks because i feel it was really lost in this whole legal process. 

Really sorry to hear. Yeah, a credit report would have to be authenticated to be used as evidence. That's a tough route you chose. California is a tough state with a lot of unique rules and forms. I'm glad you fought, though. If you're going to go down it's better to go down swinging. I'm a big fan of effort.

I'll tell you a story about effort. 

I coach youth hockey. Years ago my son went into the corner boards and was checked from behind head first into the wall. The face shield on his helmet bent on one side and sheered the screw off on the other. The shield collapsed into his face and broke his nose at age 9. He got up, blood pouring out of his nose and skated hard to the bench because it was a delayed penalty and we still had possession of the puck (9 years old, remember) . During that time our team scored a goal which ended up being the only goal scored that entire game and we won 1-0. My son is now 14 and kids still talk about that game and specifically how he "man'd up" and didn't stay down giving us the opportunity to score. No one even remembers who scored the goal.

That same year another player on his team had an almost identical situation. He went to the corner and saw a player from the other team coming. He pushed the puck away and coward into a little ball (maybe exaggerating a little but it is how I remember it) and gave up the puck. A bench of 9 and 10 year old kids all groaned as this happened. I don't remember what else happened on that play but it didn't matter. That boy is now 15 years old and kids still talk about that game as well.

My point is -  when these two kids look back at these very similar situations one will look back very fondly on it and one will regret it the rest of his life. Ironically, the one who looks back fondly is the kid who broke his nose.

You had a challenging moment and you answered the bell. They can take your money but they can never take that from you and I promise you in years to come you will look back on this with pride... as you should.  I'm proud of your effort bored7one4! Be proud of yourself!