CRS

Imjustsayin

Question..We received a phone call from CRS they left a vm, that my husband had to call back within 24 hours. He did and the guy was very rude. They were calling about a debt that was years old and one that we have no idea about. There is nothing on husbands CR about this debt. The guy told my husband that it was on all 3 credit reports and that original debt was 4K but now it was up to 16K.  Said guy also told my husband that he was a person who didn't pay his bills and that he deserves whatever happens.

I called that company back and told them that someone had called 2 years ago about this problem and that I went thru things with them and that we have no idea what they are talking about. I pulled his CR and there is nothing on there that was opened when they said and with the original account number they gave which was the same number from the ppl 2 years ago.

Now we did have account with the debtor they spoke of but the ac was paid, wasn't opened when they said an ac number nowhere near what they gave.  The call 2 yrs ago was from Pinnacle and they weren't rude about it. 

Now CRS called my hubs parents and again left the very rude you'll get whats coming to you message. I have the CR from 2 yrs ago with the letter from Pinnacle and my CR from this week after CRS call. What can I do? Thanks

Record the message/conversations.   They have to send you a letter within 5 days of calling you, just debt validate 'em.  

You have them on a violation on phone call where they called his parents.  They are not allowed to talk about a debt to a 3rd party.   Time to get a lawyer.  

At this point, because of the call to parents, you know you are dealing with scumbags.  Don't let their rudeness bother you.  That's their MO, to be rude.  They do that to try to make people pay sooner under the impression they will go away if paid.  Just laugh it off.  When they are rude, hang up or talk about the weather.

Ultimately, you should do all communication by letter.  The 5 day letter should be there ... in 5 days.  Then DV them as admin suggests.  I also suggest saying "all phone calls are inconvenient at all times" and "this debt is in dispute".  Always send everything CMRRR since this is a case where you may be able to get multiple violations on them.

DO NOT pay them a dime or you will reset the SOL and then they can sue you. At this time all they can do is threaten you and harass you. Tell them in a letter to stop calling you and send it CMRRR. After that you can rack up violations that you can sue them on.

Thank you for your help and not to appear stupid but what does debt validate them mean? and what is SOL? 

You send them a letter requesting that they validate the debt. Make it simple. I dispute this debt and require validation. Also, all phone calls to me at any number is inconvenient. Please contact me via usps. Sincerely,.

All they will send you back in most cases is the amount you are suppose to owe and the name of the OC. Not much, but they get away with it. SOL is the statue of libation. Each state has their own. Once past it, they can not sue you. They can try but you can win if you stay on top of it. Send all mail CMRRR. That is the green card, certified mail return receipt.

Thank you. we really don't know what this is.. nothing on credit report and they insist that it is. They never said anything about sending us anything in the mail. I pull a CR every 1-2 yrs and this has never been on there. So letter going in the mail to them CMRRR. Thank you guys very much.

If you have not yet done so, I would suggest pulling the 3 CRs again now, even if out of your routine cycle.  Then again in 90 days to check for more updates.

If they never place tradelines on your CR, just let them pound sand.  If they did place TLs on the CR of a great many members here, they would find themselves being sued, often in federal court ... for furnishing false info to a CRA.

And only deal with them in writing.