Advice resolving mix of old/new debt with same CA

TriumphRider

I am attempting to clean up my wife's credit file, and she has three medical debts with Holloway Credit Bureau CO, LLC. I have managed to find a letter to her from Holloway dated 24 Oct 2012 that references a debt of $147 which is listed as "For: Pathology Associates PC". I am aware of the debt; it is for medical tests she had done. The letter states "Your past due account with PATHOLOGY ASSOCIATES PC has been placed with our office for collection."

A review of her credit file through TrueCredit shows that she has another entry from Holloway that lists the original creditor as Pathology Associates. This entry is dated in 2008 and is for $110.

A third Holloway entry on her report lists North Alabama ENT Associates as the original creditor. This entry is dated 2009 and is for $659.

My ultimate goal is to offer to settle these for a compromised amount, contingent upon the entries being deleted. My main question is how should I approach this - each debt individually, or all together?

i ran into something similar and they were willing to delete it and gave me a letter in writing but i needed to satisfy all debt in full for 4 accounts, but that was 4 negatives that came off my credit within 10 days of paying them off, and it was under 1k, to me it was worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same situation, but some of mine are past the sol.  How do I approach this?

In your case you are probably near the seven year fall off of your CR. Unless you are needing to clear it up to by a house I would not worry about it, as the older the debt the less damage they do to you. However; since it is past SOL you do have more bargaining power. If your dealing with a JDB you had better get it in writing, you may get screwed anyway, dealing with them as in most cases they won't put it it writing.

If, dealing with the OC, you will have a better chance to settle. A JDB will screw you over big time and they only paid pennies on the dollar for your account. If it were me, I would just wait until it falls off the CR.