Calling a preivious JDB?

So I have a Assignment and Bill of Sale from the current JDB, it's signed by the OC as if they obtained the debt from the OC. However, another JDB had the debt first. I have a note on the paperwork from the original JDB saying I paid, but cant find anything to show that I did. Is there any harm in me calling the original JDB to see if they show I made any payment?

So I have a Assignment and Bill of Sale from the current JDB, it's signed by the OC as if they obtained the debt from the OC. However, another JDB had the debt first. I have a note on the paperwork from the original JDB saying I paid, but cant find anything to show that I did. Is there any harm in me calling the original JDB to see if they show I made any payment?

Did this go to court and you ended up paying the first JDB after a judgment or did you work out a payment with the first JDB?

Single payment to the first JDB.....No court, complaint or summons involved........

Did you make a deal or pay them in full? The reason I ask is a lot of JDB's will accept a deal for 60% of the balance and when you pay them and think, "Thank, God. That's over", they sell the remainder to another JDB. Ain't fine print cool.

See if your payment letter or receipt or whatever says anything to the effect that it is paid in full or satisfied.

Did you make a deal or pay them in full? The reason I ask is a lot of JDB's will accept a deal for 60% of the balance and when you pay them and think, "Thank, God. That's over", they sell the remainder to another JDB. Ain't fine print cool.

See if your payment letter or receipt or whatever says anything to the effect that it is paid in full or satisfied.

Wouldve been based on the settlement offer letter they sent me. I cant go far enough back at the bank to see if/how it was paid. But even if they did sell it off, that still helps invalidate the Bill of Assignment from the current JDB.

Are you past the SOL? In some states a single payment can restart it, it depends on your state?

No, wish I was...But if I didnt make a payment, Im about 1 year from SOL.

I guess to answer your original question, I think the only harm in calling the original JDB is that JDB now knows that you can't prove you paid them. Wouldn't put it past these scumbags to try to make you pay again. Yeah, they're that bad.

If they haven't sued yhou yet, I would just try and drag it out until the SOL passes. But, would get on here and read and research everything and be prepared should they try to sue. That way you will be an expert like Coltfan.....lol.

If they haven't sued yhou yet, I would just try and drag it out until the SOL passes. But, would get on here and read and research everything and be prepared should they try to sue. That way you will be an expert like Coltfan.....lol.

The second JDB has sued me and Im in the process of fighting it.....Im not sure about ever becoming an expert, but I'd be lost without the people here! ;-)

Then I would hit them with arbitration if I did not want to fight them. Read up on Linda7's thread about arb and get it off right away. First elect arb with JAMS so that you have that going then notify their attorney and the JDB that per your agreement you have elected arb. Make sure you send EVERYTHING CMRRR.

Make certain the first "JDB" wasn't just simply acting as a debt collector for either the JDB that is suing you or the OC.  The first "JDB" might not be a JDB at all but just a debt collector.

rt

Ah, thanks....it's indeed from a DC, not a JDB. Does that change things?

My approach would be that I already paid it and the JDB is using unfair practices to collect or the CA used unfair practices in getting me to pay by transferring it on. So the answer is counter sue JDB and add CA as additional counter claim defendant. Then they will fight it out, you will be surprised how fast the attention goes off this debt and onto how quickly can we settle this.

My approach would be that I already paid it and the JDB is using unfair practices to collect or the CA used unfair practices in getting me to pay by transferring it on. So the answer is counter sue JDB and add CA as additional counter claim defendant. Then they will fight it out, you will be surprised how fast the attention goes off this debt and onto how quickly can we settle this.

Ok, how do I go about doing this?