Midland funding Jerald Kaplan...Need help with discovery and Striking Affidavit

So we got served with a suit from a credit card that was paid off several years ago. Now all the sudden we owe Midland Funding 700 plus fees. we denied we owed them any thing and just got the bogus Interrogories request. If I scan and upload it can some one help me with what to say? Also, I did some research and found other "affidavits" from the supposed same lady with different signatures can I use those to strike her Affidavit and then go after them for Fraud? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. We have been so careful to pay off our debts and now this, I will not let them win!

Thats the problem we are having, we do not have the receipt for the payment in full(money order), it was all the way back in 2009 and we never got anything from them again until Kaplan called my husband stating they were suing us, we had no clue who midland was and denied the suit when we were served. I tried to get into the credit card account and it says no such account so I have no way of proving anything but neither do they.

Contact the original creditor, give them the account number, and request that they provide copies of the last three months of statements for the account. Specify that you need this for litigation, and you will pay for the research. Send it certified mail. Tell them that you are being pursued by Midland, and that your records indicate the account was paid in full. See what they say.

I contacted original CC issuer, They told me that I need to submit in writing the request for statements and that it could take 60 to 90 days for me to recieve any correspondence. I only have 40 days to respond to the interrogories. Can some one give me a hand here?