ChexSystems question

lazfran

Registered mail? Everything I read suggests Certified mail with return receipt. Also, I dont understand the return receipt part if certified mail already includes a record of the item being delivered at its intended destination. Can you please answer me these 2 things. Thanks

Registered mail? Everything I read suggests Certified mail with return receipt. Also, I dont understand the return receipt part if certified mail already includes a record of the item being delivered at its intended destination. Can you please answer me these 2 things. Thanks

Note the difference fom USPS

Certified Mail® provides the following service:

• Provides the sender with a mailing receipt (see PS Form 3800 / Receipt for Certified Mail)

• Upon request, provides electronic verification that an article was delivered or that a delivery attempt was made

• Maintains a proof of delivery record (copy of the recipient's signature) that is kept at the Post Office™ two years from the date of mailing

Return Receipt General Information

• What is a Return Receipt?

< >Return Receipt is a service that provides the sender with proof of delivery (information about the recipient’s signature and actual delivery address).A return receipt may be purchased before or after the mailing.A mailer purchasing return receipt service at the time of mailing may choose to receive the return receipt by mail or e-mail.Evidence of delivery (legal proof of receipt) is provided with the following information:Date of Delivery

• Signature of Recipient (or Recipient's Authorized Agent)
  • Recipient's delivery address (if different than on the mailpiece).
  • If the correct fees, postage, and form are affixed, a mailpiece with Return Receipt may be mailed from the home, office, or dropped in a Collection Box® receptacle.

So while certified mail will show it has been delivered, the return receipt is what you would take to court to prove it was delivered.  Also, after 2 years certified mail will have no documentation associated with it to show it was received.