Question about appearing

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. I've been reading though. :) 

My status trial is on Monday. From the way I understand it, please correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing much will go on, on this date except clarifying if I want to challenge this and go to trial? Meaning there will be a new date set on Monday? (Why they can't just get to it I don't know)... anyway, my question is this: I may be able to get another day off whenever they decide to set it, and if it's like 90 days out, I probably will, but I don't know for sure. My job is giving me a bit of a headache on it. Can my husband, whose job is more flexible, appear on my behalf IF I can't get the next date off?

A meeting between the plaintiff and the defendant, as well as a judge or meditating party. Their goal is to get people to talk before trial to see if the issue can be settled out of court.This is where the plaintiff(with no evidence)sticks the clipboard in your face and says you cant win sign here and it will all be over. If you sign you will have just signed a stipulated judgment also called consent order or agreed judgement ,now you get 25% of your pay taken out of your pay check till the debt is payed.When he asks you to settle you tell him your ready for court and your not interested in settling.Stay strong and bring your notes with you.

Well, such fun.l I was prepared with all of my responses, went to court, the BHLM lawyer called me out and said, do you agree this is your debt or dispute it. I said I am disputing the account and amount, and she said okay, is May 13th good for you? Sigh.... well, that was fun. Went back in the courtroom, the judge asked if I was disputing the debt, I said yes, he noted the court date and the clerk stamped the paperwork and I came back home. Was really hoping for something today.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were asking about what happened today. LOL I was really nervous all night waiting for this morning, but by the time I got downtown the queasy "L" ride in crowded rush hour, I wasn't nervous anymore, so I guess there is a good side to public transportation. Plus a one day pass was a lot cheaper than parking downtown.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were asking about what happened today. LOL I was really nervous all night waiting for this morning, but by the time I got downtown the queasy "L" ride in crowded rush hour, I wasn't nervous anymore, so I guess there is a good side to public transportation. Plus a one day pass was a lot cheaper than parking downtown.

I feel for you. I love my little courthouse - ONE courtroom and the "security" is an old guy sitting at a card table next to one creaky old metal detector LOL.

Is your next court date the actual trial or a status hearing? Have you filed request for leave to conduct discovery?