Motion to Compel Arb GRANTED - Received CMC Notice from PRA?!

My MTC arbitration was granted last month with the attorney for PRA telling the judge there was no opposition to my motion. 

I asked their lawyer in the hallway after the motion was heard why their client has failed to respond to my requests for the remainder of my JAMS fee to be forwarded when there was never opposition to JAMS? He had no response, in fact was spread so incredibly thin as far as scheduling goes, he never physically stopped moving away from me! I felt like I was chasing him down the hallway! It was preposterous!! He then told me as far 'as he knows'...drum roll...

"The fees are 50/50."

I was floored! Regardless, I sent them [that very day] the JAMS demands via Express Mail and when those were lost by the post office/mail carrier, I sent them again via CMRRR. 

Imagine my surprise when I open up their most recent correspondence (received 3/9/13) and it's a Notice of Hearing for the CMC that was vacated upon my granted motion last month!

They received a copy of the order nearly two weeks before drafting this hearing notice. Should I just ignore it? They have to know it was vacated once my motion was granted. Would this be considered bona fide error or continuation of litagation?

What happens if they don't pay the required $750?

Then you Move for default in JAMS. and then take it to the court for adjudication of the present case. Wow I have to say getting it granted was a very good thing.

Here is something that would be crappy go to view some documents and then sue them for ADA violations! Then you can really knock them out. Just say you were personally delivering a JAMS notice.

Any Violation is good. Take a tape measure with you and start measuring things. I bet they are non compliant.

• Like 1

On the ADA/UNRUH front, I let my attorney handle those, and after more than a year of ignored complaints I've just given the go-ahead to pursue those claims.

I kept meticulous records along with pictures. I've experienced the problems on more than 25 documented visits. It's humiliating every time and it makes being the independent person I want to be anywhere from extremely difficult to downright impossible.

Do I have to pay the entire fee ($800) in order to get a default in JAMS?

On the ADA/UNRUH front, I let my attorney handle those, and after more than a year of ignored complaints I've just given the go-ahead to pursue those claims.

I kept meticulous records along with pictures. I've experienced the problems on more than 25 documented visits. It's humiliating every time and it makes being the independent person I want to be anywhere from extremely difficult to downright impossible.

Do I have to pay the entire fee ($800) in order to get a default in JAMS?

I have to agree How freaking hard is it to comply. I mean they had this rule for how long and the designers never take it into account it will be best if the building departments red flagged the plans for new buildings for ADA compliance.

I wasn't joking about doing a sudo compliance check either most of those jdb's are non compliant.

They probably don't own the building where they are, and it may not be considered a public place if it is a private law office.

This is California, tenants and owners are jointly liable. A family member does California Proactive ADA Compliance Audits to ensure business owners are in compliance and makes major money at it. Paraphrasing from the Fugitive "every gas station, law office, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse" has to be ADA compliant. There are people that make their entire living suing over ADA violations in California.