Dismissal with Prejudice in AZ

::travolta::

Continued from http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/316441-grand-canyon-discovery/#entry1193961

Got that Call from the plaintiff today, a week before trial. They want to dismiss! Big thanks to everyone who helped and continues to contribute. This board is one of the gems of the Internet, there is no doubt. It's a golden age of empowerment through knowledge and thanks to you all here on this board I was able to make the system give me my due process. Now I have been through the whole thing and have an overview of it, and you can bet that next time there will be counterclaims and more. Not only have I learned some laws and procedures, I learned how to prepare and present a case, which is a life skill. I'm very grateful for this board.     ::daisy::

• Like 8

The stipulated dismissal mentions each party to bear it's own fees and costs. I guess that's normal but I want muh costs. How do I get them?

You can not sign the stipulation but, of course, that means they can withdraw the dismissal. Prepared for that?

Thanks! and it really goes to show that you don't have to take whatever bones they try and toss you when they realize they can't win. Sure, a part of me was going hey you should count your blessings and just take the dismissal quietly. And yeah that's true it is a blessing but.. no. Cause you know what? They are lucky that I didn't get a whole lot more money from them. That might sound like empty vanity but the truth is if I had known what I was doing at all when this started, then that would be a very real possibility. And they need some checks on their business model of just running over people, so I wouldn't feel bad about it either.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Congrats on your win. Im in PHX and had court today. Lawyer from Tucson called to say there was an accident and would be late. The judge said after 15 minutes I could reschedule which I did as he was 20 minutes out. I said he had 9 months to be on time. So any help on how you won would be helpfu;l. I too did not ask for costs in my answer and am wondering how to submit a cost bill if I win. Any advice would be apprecieated