I made a stupid mistake when i filed my answer....

When I filed my answer with the clerks office, it included a list of my affirmative defenses which were numbered. My answer was filed March 1st. Since then, I have also filed my request for production of documents to the plaintiff which has been received per certified mail tracking info.

I'm on this board daily trying to learn everything I can and this morning was reading a thread on affirmative defenses. I pulled out my copy that was filed with the court and noticed I made a stupid mistake and I need to know if it's a "bad" one.

My affirmative defenses were numbered and formatted like this:

First Affirmative Defense: I then listed affirmative defense

Second Affirmative Defense: listed defense

Second Affirmative Defense: listed defense (this is where I messed up; i listed this one as "second" again

Third Affirmative Defense: listed defense

So...althought I have a total of "7" affirmative defense defined and explained, it only states "first thru sixth" because I used "second" twice.  Such a stupid mistake and I cannot believe that after proof-reading my answers 10x before submitting I didn't notice this!

Is this a big deal? Even though they are numbered wrong, it clearly lists and defines "7" affirmative defenses.

I'm embarrassed to even post this! Thanks for your suggestions

Don't be embarrassed ........... everyone make a typo now and then ......... it's inevitable.

This is a completely harmless error and will probably not even be noticed or commented on.

If it is noticed ......... and someone makes a stink about it .......... I'm sure that the court will allow you to correct it.