DV Letter cont...

junip3r

So the DV letter that I sent on the 5th of March has come back undeliverable.  I sent it to the address on my CR and verified the address with BBB (to which they are not members, but had the same address as my report).

What now?

It has a check box marked- "Not Deliverable as addressed"

This is as opposed the the other boxes that are , "insufficient address", or "attempted not known" or "No such number/street"

The creditor is SCA Collections: PO Box 876, Greenville SC 27835

Any thoughts?

DO NOT OPEN that letter.  You know what's inside, already.  This preserves the contents for the judge.  If you decide to send a DV again, send a new one or a previously created copy of the original.

I took a look at their domain registration:

Registrant: SCA Collections Inc. P.O. Box 876 Greenville, NC 27835 US Domain name: SCACOLLECTIONS.COM Administrative Contact:    Thigpen, Randall  cmgmicro@cmghost.com    3107 South Evans Street    Suite J    Greenville, North Carolina 27834    US    252-329-1382    Fax: 252-329-1382 Technical Contact:    Thigpen, Randall  cmgmicro@cmghost.com    3107 South Evans Street    Suite J    Greenville, North Carolina 27834    US    252-329-1382    Fax: 252-329-1382 Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC. Record last updated on 01-Jan-2013. Record expires on 30-Jan-2014. Record created on 30-Jan-2002. Registrar Domain Name Help Center:    http://tucowsdomains.com Domain servers in listed order:    NS.CMGHOST.COM       NS2.CMGHOST.COM   

This appears to be the same address.

Contact the postmaster at that zip code and see if they can verify that the address is no longer valid, and that the PO box is no longer assigned to them.

I'd send a dispute to the CRA stating "alleged creditor does not exist at the address provided by <name of CRA>" along with a photocopy of the return notice with the address, and demand method of verification and deletion of "false tradeline from false data furnisher".

I'd send a letter to the domain registrar and demand they investigate and validate a "fraudulent domain registration".  Their contact info is at http://tucowsinc.com/contact/  ICANN requires all domain registrants to provide contact information at which they can be reached.  If the registrar gets a failure on contact, their domain can be suspended.  If you write to them, send them a photocopy of the rejection, too.

EDIT:

I see they paid for their domain registration for ONE year's worth.  Makes me wonder if they are not expecting to be around by 2014.

EDIT2:

Send another letter, with just a simple dispute "This debt is not mine" and nothing else, NOT via CMRRR, just a test.  Leave out the account number, too.  if it gets to them they are likely to throw it away.  Put your return address on the envelope only.  See if you get THAT one back.

So the DV letter that I sent on the 5th of March has come back undeliverable.  I sent it to the address on my CR and verified the address with BBB (to which they are not members, but had the same address as my report).

What now?

It has a check box marked- "Not Deliverable as addressed"

This is as opposed the the other boxes that are , "insufficient address", or "attempted not known" or "No such number/street"

The creditor is SCA Collections: PO Box 876, Greenville SC 27835

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are maybe you have the state wrong.  You posted Greenville, SC 27835.  Their website clearly states Greenville, NC 27834. 

bottom of their website gives this for a mailing address...

300 East Arlington Boulevard Suite 6-A
Greenville , North Carolina   

you should look all over the website they have up....looks like that place is maybe a 1-man show that potentially identifies himself publicly on his website...guy may just be a super-proud owner though, not sure....the website definitely has some useful info on it though..that might save you a lot of work right there...

I used that given address and plugged it into Google Earth....nice lookin' little office buiding there...