Question about letters to CRA

junip3r

So there are several old accounts from 2006 and older on my CR.  There are also some accounts that have almost no information on them.  Just the date opened and an amount.  It does not state the original creditor or the CA it's currently assigned to or any contact information.

I assume I should dispute these accounts to the CRA, but do I do it in 1 letter or do I have to send a separate letter for each account?  Can I send just 3 letters to each CRA listing all the accounts that have exceeded the SOL or have innacurate information?

I'm sorry if these questions are lame... I'm just trying to get a grip on all this stuff!  You guys are brilliant with understanding all these things!

If the date of first delinquency on each account is 2006, they should be falling off some time this year.  Disputing is not guaranteed to have them deleted.  You can try of course.  I think you can send all the disputes in one letter.

Unless you're in a hurry to get them off, I'd let them fall off on their own.

Dispute them all in one letter. 

I disagree...for two reasons. 

1.  The minimum wage data entry clerk who will read your letter has a quota to meet (so many letters per minute).  There's a good chance they'll look at the first one, and ignore the rest.  I'd send separate letters.

b.  If there's any chance you might wind up in litigation over some issye related to one of these, there's no reason to give them evidenve of other disputes.