A Twist: They Won't Take MY Phone Calls

tankgirll

Hello all!

I am new to this site and have recently begun to try and clean up a couple things on my credit using the methods explained here. (thanks!) However, I have one last pesky issue I'm hoping all you wise souls can help me with:

I have a judgment that I need to clear in order to purchase a home. (No, I didn't tell them I was trying to purchase a home)  After verification I spoke with an agent from the collection agency (RAB Performance Recoveries) to settle the debt. We agreed on an amount, and we discussed terms; that it would not be sold, that it would be considered paid in full, and that the judgment would be marked satisfied with the court. She said she would send me a letter and then I would send in payment. When I received the form letter it contained none of the terms we discussed, just a generic "pay this settlement amount by such and such date." I sent back a letter (green card) saying that their letter contained none of the terms we discuss and therefore included my own contract spelling out the terms she had agreed to. (nothing crazy, just what I mentioned above) I asked that it be signed and returned, at which time I would sign and remit payment. I never heard from them again.

It has been over a month since they received my contract/letter, and I have left several voicemails asking what happened and that they call me (without sounding overly desperate), and still nothing. So my question is, what do I do now? As I cannot purchase a home without removing the judgment, and I can't get them to communicate with me.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Hmmm, I would like to have it cleared or entered "satisfied" on my credit report (and with the court) by June 1st.

I'm assuming I cannot make them not ignore me, so does it look like I just need to pay the entire amount?

As an aside; it's funny, they're not calling me to try and renegotiate or get more money either--just radio silence.