Convergent Pay for Delete

credithelp2013

I received a letter from Convergent Solutions regarding and alleged debt. This is apparently an alleged charge off from Sprint that they claim to own. The present balance is under $400.00. this will be past the SOL date by the end of this year. Based on the balance it appears that the chance of litigation would be minimal ( my personal assumption)

As I am trying to work on the negative reportings on my credit report I thought it would be worth the shot to call Convergent and see if they would be willing to pay for delete on this alleged account. I explained to the customer service rep. that I spoke with that I did not know of this debt and was unaware of it's existence until I reviewed my credit report and that I dispute that the debt is valid. I said in an effort to minimize the damage that this is having on my credit I would be willing to possibly pay to have this deleted from my credit report. The customer service rep. stated that they do not pay to delete and that if we came to some sort of settlement agreement it would be reported as settled.

Has anyone had any success with pay for delete. Would it be worth calling back and asking to speak to a supervisor.

It's always best to call the collection agency back and speak to someone else.  Even if you don't get a positive response, you can try sending them a settlement agreement with your terms and see if they will sign it and agree to a pay for delete.  Send it as if they agreed.  

You need to get the name and number of the person you talked to on the phone and reference this in your letter.  

• 3 months later...