PISSED AT TRANSUNION!!!!!!

j_in_colorado

Ok I am now seriously PISSED OFF at Transunion! My judgment was set aside due to improper service. It needs to be removed from my CR. I have sent 2 letters now explaining that the judgment was SET ASIDE and asking them to REMOVE it. The first letter I sent, they updated it showing it as paid. I sent a second letter explaining that it was not paid it was vacated and they basically are ignoring my letters and it is still showing paid!

What do I do now? They aren't listening to me!! I want this removed like the other 2 credit bureaus did!

I guess I will start looking for a lawyer. Do you think I can sue them myself? And do you have a sample letter I can use? I'm going on vacation Saturday but I want to get them a certified letter before I leave. This sucks because I'm trying to get a loan so I can buy a franchise for a business I want. I'm not going to get the loan because of this. And that's where I'm going on vacation Saturday to go look at the area for this business. This sounds like its going to take a while too.

How does this sound? Please let me know if it is correct (violations) and if I gave them enough time to respond.

Dear TransUnion,

This is my final letter to you before I file a lawsuit against you in (My County) in the state of (My State). Over 90 days ago, I wrote each the credit bureaus stating that my default judgment was SET ASIDE and should be deleted from my credit report. I included a copy of the motion signed and notarized by the County Clerk in (County). Experian and Equifax complied and the item was deleted. TransUnion updated the item to show that that the judgment was paid. It was never paid and is NOT being reported accurately on my TransUnion credit report. I have sent another letter to TransUnion and attempted phone contact on March 25th, 2013, but nothing has gotten accomplished and all the representative did was dispute the item again over the phone.

Your failure to provide accurate information to which I am legally entitled and your continued willful and negligent reporting of erroneous information on my credit report has forced me to draft a lawsuit against TransUnion for the following:

1) Violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
2) Violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
3) Negligence
4) Loss of Opportunity
5) Injunction seeking immediate court ordered relief from further credit damage.

This is an offer of an out of court settlement prior to the lawsuit being filed. If you will agree to immediately and permanently delete all information regarding this account from my credit report, I will agree to not seek the damages to which I am entitled.

If you do not delete this information from my credit report, then my lawsuit will be filed April 15th, 2013 in (My County Courthouse in my state). As there is a ceiling on the damages I may seek in this venue I will be seeking damages of $7500, which is well below the actual damages I have suffered and the statutory relief to which I am entitled as a result of your willful and grossly negligent reporting. I have copies of the certified letters and dates prepared to bring to court.

If you wish to notify me that you are agreeing to delete this inaccurate information from my credit report and closing this matter, I require a response in writing and in a timely manner agreeing to the immediate and permanent deletion of this entry prior the close of business on Friday, April 12th, 2013. If I get another pointless letter from you showing that this item is "paid" then there will be no more opportunity for negotiation. This will proceed in court until I have successfully proven to a judge that this false information must be removed from my credit file. I will be aggressively pursuing the full judgment that I can get against TransUnion for violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Willful Injury, and Defamation.

The items to be removed from my credit report are listed as follows:

what needs to be deleted

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Me

For other kinds of matters, that might not do very well (the CRA is just passing along data furnished to them).  But this is a case of the CRA gathering their own data (from court records), so I think you have a case against them (even if they subcontract the data gathering ... that would be a matter between them and their subcontractor if the subcontractor fails to be accurate).

I have given them a copy of the signed notarized court document twice. On the second one, I even highlighted in yellow where it specifically says JUDGMENT SET ASIDE. I dont know what else to do or how I can make myself more clear that it was not paid it was set aside and needs to be removed from my CR. My credit score has gone down since they put the judgment as paid. Its ridiculous and frustrating! And when you call TransUnion you get some outsourced country with representatives that you can barely understand with their heavy accents that try to convince you that their name is Kevin Miller and Veronica Smith who tell you that all they can do is dispute it again. I have gotten nowhere! Hopefully this will get their attention and they will finally delete it.

I would sue them.  I would get an attorney to do this, though.  You sue them for FCRA violations (itemize each inaccuracy).  Also, determine your "loss" with respect to obtaining a house loan you want to get now, and what the difference in cost will be for that loan for the duration.  Demand that your loss be cured by either correct reporting or compensation for the difference.

You think that's asking for a bunch of crazy stuff?  Corporations "stack" lawsuits all the time.  An in some cases they even get it awarded.

I'd even go so far as demanding a disclosure of why they failed to act as required by law.  And I do not sign NDAs for less than 7 figures.  But that's my mean streak.

• 1 month later...