ChexSystems Dispute - Chase validated; what do I do next?

halohonk

I sent a dispute to Chex over a NSF reported by Chase. Chex sent me a letter saying that Chase's report "has been verified as accurate as reported." They didn't include any evidence but they did state "The source of the information has requested that you contact 877-287-7303 to obtain additional information" or go to a Chase branch to view the signature card.

The letter also says that I can ask Chex to provide a "description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy of the disputed information" and the name, address and phone number of any "furnisher of information" contacted as part of the investigation.

Should I go into Chase and look at the signature card, make a call, request the info Chex says they will provide regarding the investigation, all of the above or something else?

FYI, this is the letter I sent (it's a slightly modified version of the one on creditinfocenter.com):

ChexSystems, Inc.

7805 Hudson Road, Suite 100

Woodbury, MN 55125
Fax: (602) 659-2197

Sent via Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested

To Whom It May Concern:

My bank has informed me that there is negative information reported by Chase Bank included in the file Chexsystems maintains under my Social Security Number ______________. Upon ordering a copy of the report, I see an entry from Chase listing non-sufficient funds. I am unaware of ever having non-sufficient funds with Chase.

Please validate this information with Chase and provide me with copies of any documentation associated with this "non-sufficient funds" incident bearing my signature. In the absence of any such documentation bearing my signature I demand that this information be immediately deleted from the file you maintain under my Social Security number. This report is SEVERELY (if not completely) restricting my banking abilities. 

My contact information is as follows:

Me
SSN: (my ssn)
(my address)

Sincerely,

Me