first premier bank didnt update CRA

sanchezrc2

i disputed a debt with first premier bank in 2011, they validated the debt with statements, but ive noticed they never updated the status as 'disputed' with the credit bureaus, do i have them on a violation?  i could careless about the 1,000.00 i just want a way to get this off my credit.

i have all the receipts and signed green cards that i received in mail when they signed for the letter plus they responded.

any help is appreciated.

If you dispute WITH the DV, I can see where they will assume that you are disputing on the basis of lack of "info", and that if they send the "info" the dispute is "satisifed".  That's why I always say to send a formal dispute as a separate letter (via CMRRR), then there is no question that you are disputing indefinitely, and your case for them not flagging the tradeline as disputed is stronger.  I also suggest sending the dispute a couple weeks after the DV.

i disputed a debt with first premier bank in 2011, they validated the debt with statements, but ive noticed they never updated the status as 'disputed' with the credit bureaus, do i have them on a violation?  i could careless about the 1,000.00 i just want a way to get this off my credit.

i have all the receipts and signed green cards that i received in mail when they signed for the letter plus they responded.

any help is appreciated.

Did you send a debt validation request to First Premier?  If that bank is the original creditor, they weren't required to respond to your DV.  An original creditor is not bound by the FDCPA.

Send a specific dispute (not DV) letter to the party named in the CR tradeline, indicating you dispute the debt.  You can also state why you dispute it for their information (such as debt does not many any creditor you have done business with), but only the fact of a dispute is all they need to provide to the CRA.  Send it via CMRRR.  Note that the requirement for a DV request to be sent within 30 days to suspend their collection efforts has nothing to do with a dispute status.  You can dispute an account at any time and once disputed, any update they make must have the dispute status.  30 days after you send that dispute, check the CR and see if it is there.  If not, then do a dispute through the CRA stating the "tradeline is not accurate because it fails to show dispute status".