Should I respond to settlement letter?

Good morning!

I'm currently being sued by JDB attorney in GA State Court. I have submitted my answer and my request for productions of documents to thier attorney. At this point, they have 7 days left before their required answer to my request is due.

Yesterday in the mail, I received a letter from JDB attorney stating they would like me to contact them as they have been given the "great" news that their clinet (Asset Acceptance LLC) is allowing them more flexibility in what they can "settle" with me for and they would like to save me and them time & money by just coming to an agreement & some sort of payment arrangements, blah, blah, blah.

The letter did not go into any dollar amounts; just wanted me to contact them so we could discuss.

Obviously, I have no desire to settle w/them and know at this point that dealing w/them directly is not in my best interest @ all. I fully intend on making them prove assignment as they are required to do.

What I need to know is if I should respond to this letter? I don't want judge in case thinking I'm being uncooperative.

I was thinking of sending a response basically saying until they prove ownership of alleged account per my multiple requests, I can't discuss any information with them.

Is this necessary or should I just ignore letter? Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

I don't think there is anything wrong with ignoring this letter. They are feeling you out to see if you're nervous and just want this over with or if you are ready to see this all the way through. I think whichever way you go is fine.

Send them a letter back and offer them $20. You'll spend that at the post office anyway.

Why don't you make up your cost bill for filings, expediences, etc... and prevailing party award. Then make up a Court order for Plaintiff's request for judgment of dismissal with prejudice and send it back with the settlement letter. 

Apparently the Plaintiff doesn't think they will win in Court and they are just trying to rattle you into any kind of a settlement. 

Or as BeerGoggles said "Why don't you just dismiss with prejudice and we will both go away and have a nice day".

HP

• Like 1