Neverending collections, impossible to keep good score

Mithryl

I dont know if this is where I should be posting or not but I have been trying to improve my credit and in the process I paid off all of my collections. Not long after that an old hospital bill showed up as a collection, I paid it. A few months later same thing happened, I paid it. My credit score was getting close to 700, then dropped because of ANOTHER hospital bill, I disputed it through the credit reporting agency and have not seen anything since, I am still waiting for that one to come screw things up. Today I log in to see my score at 595, this time for a doctors visit  that was covered by my insurance and that I have not received any bills for. My questions is, what can I do? I can keep paying and/or disputing til I'm blue in the face but is there no way of finding out how many of these actually exist? Everytime I improve my credit something else pops up.

First of all, take heart, you have been proactive throughout all these headaches.  Think of where you score would have been if you had done nothing.  

Keep paying and disputing and all these things will come off.  I know it is frustrating!