California Case-Counter Claim for FDCPA/RFDCPA Violations

Check out a recent, 2012, case from the San Mateo County Superior Courts on how to write a counter-claim for violations of FDCPA and RFDCPA. 

Site: http://openaccess1.sanmateocourt.org/openaccess/civil/default.asp

Case No.: CLJ514187

Also, the case has good examples of how to write ROGS and PODS and and a Motion to Compel Discovery that includes Defendant's BOP request.

All the docs were written by a consumer law center lawyer.

The case was against CACH.  Defendant alleges that the debt was passed the SOL among other things.  CACH filed an answer to defendant's counter-claim but did not respond to her MTC discovery.  The MTC discovery was granted and a month later CACH dismissed the case.

Carol-Lynn

• Like 1

The case was against CACH.  Defendant alleges that the debt was passed the SOL among other things.  CACH filed an answer to defendant's counter-claim but did not respond to her MTC discovery.  The MTC discovery was granted and a month later CACH dismissed the case.

What a great link.  Kinda like a free PACER  account for us in Cali.

The term "alleges" just kills me.  CACH flat out admits in their complaint that they bought the debt on 9-5-2006, which means the SOL started on at least 3-5-2006, and the SOL in Cali if 4 years.

Having read all the pleadings, I am pondering a few thoughts.

1) Def sent the 454 BOP request on 2-3-2012 and it was due on 2-13-2012.  Why did the Def Atty wait 4 months to file the MTC the 454 discovery.  I would have done it on day 11, based on what i have read on this board.

2) CACH has 14 Affirmative defenses on the cross complaint, all of which are laughable.  My personal favorite -

"ELEVENTH AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE (Bad Faith)
Cross -Complainant's claims are precluded because he has brought his cross-complaint in bad faith."

Let's see, CACH files a lawsuit 2 years after the SOL and the P is acting in bad faith...LOLOL

3) Mutual dismissal with prejudice.  Is it fair to assume that CACH ended up writing a check.  I mean really, this is probably the best slam dunk case against a JDB that I have seen so far.

Check out a recent, 2012, case from the San Mateo County Superior Courts on how to write a counter-claim for violations of FDCPA and RFDCPA. 

Site: http://openaccess1.sanmateocourt.org/openaccess/civil/default.asp

Case No.: CLJ514187

Also, the case has good examples of how to write ROGS and PODS and and a Motion to Compel Discovery that includes Defendant's BOP request.

All the docs were written by a consumer law center lawyer.

Carol-Lynn

This is really an excellent site for CA residents.