Credit Inquiries

champcheermom

When disputing credit inquiries and you get a responce to call the creditor and no other information how should you respond?

Sent another creditor a dispute letter and I received a letter requesting I send a copy of my driver's license, bank statement, or utility bill. I feel like I shouldn't send that information. In my opinion they should have that information already if they did get my approval to pull my credit. Am I wrong? What kind of response would you send?

What do you do when you get no response to the dispute sent to the creditors that pulled your credit report?

I also received a letter I sent back as undeliverable. However when I google the creditor "First Source Credit" the same address comes up, 10925 Estate Lane Dallas, Tx 75238. Could I make a copy of this letter returned and send to the CRA and have it removed?

Thank you for any help!

To a credit bureau, it is fine to sned that kind of information.  They need to know that it's actually you making the request.  

You should always dispute first with the credit bureaus - did you do this?  Be suspicious of collection agencies. I wouldn't send them that kind of information.  

Thanks for your reply. We are new to this. We thought we would have better luck sending to the credit companies, but there was not luck there. I guess we will stick with disputing with the bureaus. So should we go through all the "reasons" with the bureau before disputing with the creditor? So what kind of information should I send when disputing items with the bureaus? Copies of DL and utility bill?

Thanks again for your help.

This might help.

In the Fair Credit Reporting Act, section 604 says a consumer credit report can only be provided under the following conditions.

1. By virtue of a court order.

2. By the consumer’s own authorization.

3. For credit transactions with the consumer.

4. Review of collection account.

5. For employment purposes.

6. For the underwriting of insurance.

7. Determination of eligibility for licensing.

8. Otherwise legitimate business need.

Any inquiry not fitting one or more of these criteria is illegal and subject to civil and sometimes criminal sanctions. For instance, pulling a credit report on a non-applicant spouse or ex-spouse, for the purpose of selling it on a mailing list, in order to “check someone out”, like a neighbor or coworker and lastly, pulling a report for the sole purpose of “prescreening” alone if you requested on the bureaus web site to be kept off their marketing lists.

We were going by the steps in this link http://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/inqerase.shtml and it states to mail the letters to the creditor that pulled the reports. I just sent out 2nd dispute letter to experian and added this to it. Thank you

Always dispute with the CRAs first.  That request for information is normal and common.  They need to verify you're the actual person in the file (but it's usually just a stall tactic)/

THanks! I have a few that failed to reply as of today. In the bottom link it states to call them and demand them to remove it but I would rather sent in writing. Do you know where I can find a sample past 30 day late for credit inquries?

Thanks again

THanks! I have a few that failed to reply as of today. In the bottom link it states to call them and demand them to remove it but I would rather sent in writing. Do you know where I can find a sample past 30 day late for credit inquries?

Thanks again

It would be the same as a "it's been past 30 days letter and that's all the time you have to investigate so remove it "  letter.  

The best way to find credit report mistakes is to check a exact replicate of your borrowing report. There are several ways to do this – even for free. First, you can get a free annual credit report from each bureau one time a year through AnnualCreditReport.com. Secondly, you’re entitled to a free borrowing report if you’ve recently been turned down because of your credit report.

Even with all that, it is possible for the CRA to send you something very different than they send to a potential lender about you.  These reports are actually generated by computer algorithms that apply matching methods at the time the report is generated.  But, apparently, the algorithms used are different for different kinds of reports.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57567957/credit/

I'm hunting down a way to get a version of a credit report the way a lender would see it.