Pay for Delete with Portfolio Recovery?

Broom2000

Initial Letter Dated: 3/13/13, so I'm getting close to my 30 days to dispute

Original Creditor: Citi/Sears

Bal: $1870.81

Anyone have experience with pay for delete with these guys? If so, what % do you think I'd have to pay to make them go away?

What "30 days to dispute"?  I've never heard of that.

In order for a DV request to force the collector to stop collecting until they respond, THAT has to be sent in within 30 days of receiving the first written communication.  Other that the narrow case where they have to stop collecting, you can send a DV request at any time and CAs/JDBs do not have to respond.

You can make a formal dispute, that must then be reflected on the CR, at least by the next update, at any time.  If you dispute a debt a 18 months later, then they must subsequently reflect that dispute status in the credit report, for example.  Allow 30 days for that update to go through due to so many CAs/JDBs/CRAs still using dinosaur computers.

Question, IF you were lucky enough to get the JDB to remove their TL, how will you get the OC who is also still on your CR to remove their TL? You still have a trail their showing up on your CR. Plus, your paying a JDB a chunk of money for something that they only paid pennies on the dollar for. So, what have you accomplished in the end?

I have never seen a pay for delete accomplish what what the person has set out to do.

I have had success, but I require them to pay me 1k plus my attorney fees and cost before I let them delete. I doubt the OP here is in position to do that at this time. If the OP is willing to pay out money to PRA I would keep this money for now. If they file suit then pay an attorney to work on a deletion and fight them.

Sending a DV letter now will either make them go away or it may trigger a lawsuit. From my personal experience PRA files more lawsuits during tax season and that time has almost expired. In my experience the best way to catch PRA committing FDCPA violations will be during the lawsuit period. 

It's better to have a "settled was charge off" and no collection on your credit report than have a charge off with a balance and a collection account to boot. 

If you do pay for delete, you can remove the collection and since the account is settled, the OC must update the trade line as zero balance.  It's an improvement.  

• 3 weeks later...