Redeemed Repo, GW, and Credit Reporting Trouble

TexanNCali

I have a redeemed repo on my TU CR that I don’t believe is reporting correctly.

Date updated: 10/05/2012

Last payment made: 10/05/2012

Payment received: $0

Pay status: Current; Paid or Paying as agreed

Date closed: 10/05/2012

High balance: $20,120 from 10/2010 to 3/2011; $20,210 from 06/2011 to 06/2011; $20,120 from 10/2012 to 10/2012

Remarks: Redeemed repo, closed

Obviously the high balance is wrong. The car was repo’d 12/2011. All fees and payments were made and the car was redeemed. Since then, all payments have been on time. But RPO is being shown from 12/2011-9/2012 with the exception of the last month 10/2012 which reads:

Balance: $0

Amount due: $330

Amount paid: $0

Past due: $0

Rating: OK

However, on my EXP CR the TL is reporting in good standing. The status says paid, closed/never late. The creditor’s statement says redeemed repo. I have been sending GW letters to the finance company. I can only assume my EXP CR was updated but somehow the TU CR got screwed up. I still have to check my EQ report. I have a letter from the finance company stating the account was paid in full as of 10/8/2012. I have the title and contract stamped paid. Any suggestions as to how I can have this TL removed or updated on my TU CR without affecting the EXP report?

One thing to remember is that the bureaus don't talk to each other.  So what you say to TU won't get told to EX.  

That being said, I assume you already disputed the account as "not mine" with all three bureaus?  If so, then I would try "never late".  Then next is to point things out about the listing itself that are wrong.  Yes, and you need to send each letter CMRRR.