Credit dispute for recalled collection letter to CRA

TexanNCali

I have a collection on my CR that was sent and recalled to a couple of CA’s. I was able to get the bill resolved and paid the OC directly. OC is not reporting but the first CA is reporting. I’ve spoken with the CA that is reporting and was told they no longer have the debt. Should I dispute this with the CRA’s or request DV from the CA…or both? I have documentation showing the bill was paid in full to the OC. I also have a letter from the second CA stating they were returning the debt to the OC. Would this be a appropriate letter to send to the CRA’s?

Dear Credit Bureau,

I just finished reviewing my credit report and have noticed an inaccuracy in regards to the following account:

SW Credit Systems Inc #

This account was recalled and paid in full to AT&T. Please see the attached documentation which includes a letter from EOS CCA stating the collection was closed and returned to AT&T. AT&T recalled the debt from SW Credit Systems Inc before sending it to EOS. EOS also returned the debt to AT&T. I have included a letter I sent to EOS before the collection was returned and documentation from AT&T showing the final bill was paid in full. Please delete this collection immediately.

Sincerely,

Any suggestions?

I wouldn't admit to owing the debt.  I would say instead that the debt is not mine and I haver never owed this company any money.  If they verify, I would go after the CA HARD.  They shouldn't be reporting at all since they don't own the debt.