623 Letter - OC requests "more information"

mcsaute

Hi all. This site has helped me tremendously with credit repair. I do have a question that I can't seem to find any info on. I sent a 623 letter to Wachovia Dealer Services. I've success with the 623 letters before. Wachovia sent a response (within the 30 days) asking for the following information:

SS #

Date of birth

Account # (which I provided in my letter).

Signature of account holder (which I signed the letter)

"More information on the specific issue". I downloaded the sample letter here - I don't think it can be more specific.

My question is, how much more do I need to provide. I realize this is probably a stall tactic but what is my next move? Do I provide more info ( date of birth and ss#) or send them a follow up letter demanding they comply with the threat of taking them to small claims court?

The account shows as a charge off opened in 2007.

Thank you 

• Like 1

Any information that would have been provided by you for the original account opening can be provided.  If you entered your DOB on the application, it's OK to give them that.  Same for SSN (usually provided).

In theory they want the information to find your account.  But that does not need to be anything more than they would already have.  Any new information that do not already have, they do not need (except for things like your new mailing address if you have moved).

Did you state in your letter exactly what you disputed in their entry?   For instance, if you dispute the date of first delinquency, that's specific.

Or did you simply state that you diputed their entry but didn't provide any information detailing what it was about the entry that you felt was inaccurate?