Did I screw up? I have not used CC, but had friend buy me cc airfare to care for sick loved one.

slavenomore

Thinking about filing BK soon. 

Did I screw up? I have not used CC for over 7 months. I have been very careful to not let anything but regular expenses go through my one account. 

Loved one got sick. Was not thinking, begged a friend buy an $250 airline ticket for me with their cc to go take care of a very sick loved one. 

I am out of state taking care of them now. 

However if i file for BK in the next few months, how do i show how i got here, what do i do about the ticket? did i screw up?

There is so much to learn. it is nerve racking. 

My friend has made it very clear, they do not want to be brought into my "Financial cluster*&^( Mess" as he calls it! ; ) 

thanks for your experience, tips, and hope.

yes but i can pay them back no problem over time,  i have done dozens of favors for them in the past.   What i meant did i screw up my future BK  as i have no way to prove how i have so many expenses out of state cause he paid with his cc. as described in detail in original post. 

yes but i can pay them back no problem over time,  i have done dozens of favors for them in the past.   What i meant did i screw up my future BK  as i have no way to prove how i have so many expenses out of state cause he paid with his cc. as described in detail in original post. 

If you went to Vegas and spent all your money, how would you prove that? If you went to the grocery store and didn't keep your receipts, how would you prove that? You're concerning yourself with things that don't necessarily matter. 

What does matter is that you're friend now appears to be your creditor. Read up on "preferential payment."