Citibank/Client Services response to DV

Zelph

I had sent a DV to Citibank/Client Services on the 20th of March 2013.  Today I received two (2) envelopes with Citibank's return address.  Enclosed one contained 3 monthly statements from 2012 and one contained a statement ending March 2013.  I assume that this has validated the debt as far as FDCPA is concerned.  I'm also assuming that Client Services was the assignee of Citibank concerning this account.  I am now going to send them a 'Refusal to PayCMRRR.   Come what may I will either see another JDB taking over or will hopefully see a summons.  If not I'm monitoring the circuit court dockets.  The 180 days is up May 1, 2013 since the account was more than 30 days late on Nov 1, 2012.

Question -  I assume I should fire off the 'RTP' as soon as possible since they did validate somewhat, correct?

15 U.S.C. § 1692g(B)If the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period described in subsection (a) that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, or that the consumer requests the name and address of the original creditor, the debt collector shall cease collection of the debt, or any disputed portion thereof, until the debt collector obtains verification of the debt or any copy of a judgment, or the name and address of the original creditor, and a copy of such verification or judgment, or name and address of the original creditor, is mailed to the consumer by the debt collector.

Did the dunning letter come from Client Services?

Did the "verification" come from Client Services?

The original dunning letter came from Client Services, it was noted properly and included the mini miranda.  I DV's well within the 30 period.  

The statements that came today had no other enclosures.

One had a return address of:

P.O. Box 790404

St. Louis, MO 63179

That is where Client Services is located but it is not the address I used for the DV.  

It contained a statement that shows a Billing Period 02/15/13-03/03/13 and nothing else was enclosed.

The second contained 3 statements from 2012 and nothing else.  

It had the return address of: 

P.O. Box 6004 

Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6004 

Doesn't CitiBank bill from SD?

Neither had an addressee just PO Box No. and city/zip

4 monthly statements was all the 2 envelopes contained.

You are dealing with original creditor (Citibank) Citicorp credit services inc is in KS MO.

Citibank's billing department is in Columbus OH (used to be Demoine IA )

In my experience Citibank sues within six months of default, so gear up. Unless the account was a retail (sears or home depot) Citibank does not sell.

You are dealing with original creditor (Citibank) Citicorp credit services inc is in KS MO.

In my experience Citibank sues within six months of default, so gear up. Unless the account was a retail (sears or home depot) Citibank does not sell.

Good information,  Here's the history, I've never had an actual CitiCard.  I had an Exxon/Mobil card.  EM decided when the rules changed in 2009 they wanted out of the credit card business and decided to cancel my card and turned it over to the issuing bank hence CitiBank.  CitiBank raised my interest rate and started billing me.  I paid well over a two years, but never gained any principal making just the minimum and ongoing late fees when I lost my job.  

I guess a 'Refusal to Pay' will go in the dead letter file at CitiBank then.  That does save me $6+.

Maybe this will be sold to JDB after all !

I know Citi has been dumping its retail divison faster than you can blink (it was in the media not too long ago). But its own non- retail  will always be forever held until debt due us a part. (literally)

My guess is they have nothing but a few statements , they already tipped their hand.

I'll be vigilant, but one other thing to do to be a pain in their side and to cover your end too is ask for an agreement between you and citi, I bet you'll never get one, odds are as good as winning the powerball.

Citibank sold a debt that a JDB has been trying to collect from me.  Maybe it was one of those retail ones?  All the JDB would ever admit to is that it is from Citibank which I've never done business with.  They (the JDB) even tried to sue (actually that was their first act even before any collection letter), but MTD'd when I answered with "not mine" and demanded docs (so they obviously are just foraging DJs).

As I said before, Citibank sells its retail accounts faster than the speed of light, but not its card division accounts.

You are lucky, because the battle is like dealing with the devil/satan itself.

I know of many others on this board and another who are going at it with Citi, myself included and for many years, it's taken longer than getting a divorce .

You don't have to wait to be sued to arbitrate your claim with citibank, come out swinging.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/314030-the-strategy-and-steps-of-arbitration/

However, we will advance or reimburse filing and other fees if the

arbitrator rules that you cannot afford to pay them or finds other good cause for requiring us to do so, or if you ask us and we determine there is good reason for doing so.

Commencing an Arbitration. The arbitration must be filed with one of the following neutral arbitration forums and follow its rules and procedures for initiating and pursuing an arbitration: American Arbitration Association or JAMS. If you initiate the arbitration, you must notify us in writing at Citibank, Litigation/Arbitration Unit, One Court Square, 43rd Floor/Zone 10, Long Island City, NY 11120. If we initiate the arbitration, we will notify you in writing at your last known address on file. You may obtain a copy of the arbitration rules for these forums, as well as additional information about initiating an arbitration by contacting these arbitration forums:

American Arbitration Association

1-800-778-7879 (toll-free)

JAMS

1-800-352-5267 (toll-free)

• Like 1

Because of my health and income sources, I'm sure I'm judgment proof.  I have limited assets, actually well within the upper limits allowed in Oregon that are exempt from repo or attachment.  I don't own my home (I rent), only asset is an auto that still has a balanced owed.  I'm not sure how the courts figure the equity of the auto but if it was paid off would probably bring little more than the $3500 limit if sold outright and not auctioned off.  My income is from SS and pension.  SS is paid on a reloadable MC and the pension is delivered by check that is cashed by a trusted friend, and I pay everything in cash.  I still have two other accounts beside the auto loan, one secures my household goods but is barely above water.  Balance is below $4500 and I have an Amex card that carries a 'Pay Over Time' balance ($3700 mostly medical charges).  I'm in the process of closing my bank account, but it holds my auto loan and can't close until its paid off.  3 monthly postal money orders are a little costly but do make the payments securely.  I'm getting on a first name basis with the PO clerks (buying PO MOs and CMRRR's for DV's,,,etc.).  I've even streamlined the process: have the green card and receipt filled out beforehand.  Got me a good supply of both.  

That changes the situation a bit, but I still would not send an OC a RTP letter. Let them charge it off while you maintain your silence then they send it to a CA or a JDB that you can collect FDCPA violation cash from.

Bring in China and therefore being Judgment Proof myself, I know the power that knowing your creditors hold nothing while you hold 4 aces can bring.

Yesterday I received a USPS packet of statements in a 11X8.5 envelope containing statements of my alleged debt to Exxon/Mobil Citibank card. There were statements from Jan 2012 – Dec 2012 enclosed. It is interesting to me that the three mailings all contained statements of the account and no where on the outside or inside of the packets were any references to whom had sent them. Of course I assume Citibank but I have no proof each had a different return address that listed a different P.O. Box and a different city and zip code. The one yesterday was rather thick and cost them $1.52.

After musing over the ongoing correspondence between myself the CA and the OC, I decided that we may be helping the bottom line of the USPS. My DV's cost $6+, also they help keep the deliverer healthy running the CMRRR into the businesses for signatures. This site generates a good income for them and while we may not be able to save Saturday deliveries we are definitely helping out. I have also decided to wait CitiBank out to see if they decide to sue. I will attend the proceedings if I am notified properly. It will also be interesting to see what is awarded to them and what methods they attempt to use to get any funds from me. Only downside as I see it is we are not helping save any trees unless they are recycling the old 'Enquirers' from the Walmart checkout counters.