623 for a judgement

champcheermom

Can you use a 623 for a consent judgment? Or is it just a waist of time and we should try to settle? Years ago we had worked with a company that took our money and out into an account then settled our debt. We thought this judgement was taken care of because we received a 1099 form. Apparently it wasn't because it is still on my husband's cr. I called the company we worked with and they informed me they had paid some of it but not all. I was thinking of doing it three ways tell me what you think:

1. first mail letter to law firm and request they prove this account is his, then once they verify request that they continue the "settlement" we had initially agreed ($400 amonth) but subtract the amount that has already been paid and the cancellation amount (since we paid taxes on that amount).

2. Fight the judgement on the grounds that they have the wrong name (they have his middle name first listed on the judgement). I dont think this would pass.

3. Or use the 623 method all the way.

What say you?

• Like 1

. . . request that they continue the "settlement" we had initially agreed ($400 month) but subtract the amount that has already been paid and the cancellation amount (since we paid taxes on that amount).

Are you saying the amount on the cancellation (1099-C) did not cover the remaining balance (at the time)?