Beware of AMEX prepaid debit card

I obtained an AMEX prepaid debit card in February, 2013.  Everything went smooth for 2 months.  I entered a deposit on 04/13 and on 04/15 I was checking my balance.  I noticed a charge of $7.05 (remaining bal on 04/13) on the card for 'SISTERS OF ST. JOSEPH P'

Couldn't edit above did call AMEX support and was basically told they couldn't do anything other than note the charge as disputed and I may or may not get a refund.  I then tried to cancel but was told since I had a pending deposit they couldn't cancel the card.  I hung up frustrated then called back and demanded the card cancelled and I would deal with support to get my pending deposit back.  I hope AMEX is monitoring these boards.

Send them a letter telling them that the charge (identify it my any numbers they provide in statements) is in error or fraudulent and you want the charge reversed immediately, and fully investigated.  File a police report about the invalid charge (theft, ID theft, fraud, etc) and send them a copy of that police report to AMEX in that letter.  Tell them that "since it is obvious that someone has obtained the account information" that the account MUST be closed and deposited amounts must be returned to you.