CA Attorney intent to sue for paid account?

kdcool

I recieved a letter from an attorney representing a CA for an alleged debt.

I sent Debt Validation (DUNN) and got response with computerized printouts of a credit card statement (dated 2008), bill of sale..etc.and also appears to be threatening to "take further action" if I don't pay up.

I just happen to check my credit report and it is not even listed anymore except for TU which if I am reading this correctly reports that

the >Account paid in full, was a charge off<

Furthermore this alleged debt SOL expires in two months!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CREDIT CARD  DELAWARE   #5110xxxxxxx****
POB 9090
WILMINGTON, DE 19899
(999)xxx-xxxx
clear.gif
Date Opened:
08/31/2006
Responsibility:
Individual Account
Account Type:
Revolving Account
Loan Type:
CREDIT CARD
Balance:
$0
Date Updated:
04/01/2011
Last Payment Made:
06/23/2008
High Balance:
$1,986
Credit Limit:
$850
Pay Status:
>Account paid in Full; was a Charge-off<
Date Closed:
01/01/2008

Remarks: 
PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 
07/2015
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What letter(s) should I send (if any) ? I have a feeling they are intending to sue me very shortly.

Will I have a valid defense??

Please help.....How should I respond ????? 

I read that to mean that OP didn't pay it...rather, is confused when it says zero balance.

From what you posted, I see nothing that says it was paid.  A zero balance and chargeoff status does not mean an account is uncollectable by any means.  It is just an accounting term they use. The balance is still owed...to them or someone else.

You see right there where it says "purchased by another lender"..that's a JDB.  The CA is collecting for that JDB through the attorney who sent you that letter. 

Did YOU ever pay this off?

Guest usctrojanalum

You did not pay this off, it was sold to another lender.  That TU is not proof of payment.  That is stating that the account was sold to a JDB.

You did not pay this off, it was sold to another lender.  That TU is not proof of payment.  That is stating that the account was sold to a JDB.

THIS. 

The statute of limitations is up 6 years from 06/23/2008.

Yeppers.

Looks to me like you have until June 23 of this year for the SOL on this debt.

Do the math again...6 years from 2008=2014.  Next year.

OP - By everything you've shown us thus far, YOU have NOT paid this.  It was sold to another lender (the JDB) who is now using a CA to collect on this.