Settlement letter from Pentagroup

swtc

In mid March, Pentagroup Financial sent a letter offering a settlement amount for a SL account. According to them, CACH LLC has pre-approved me for the settlement.

Instead of agreeing to the settlement, I sent a debt validation letter certified mail, returned receipt. Within days, I've got the green receipt card with their signature. On April 9, I didn't get proof for this debt, but ANOTHER letter that CACH authorized a installment settlement amount at a very low price, a total of $1640. They mention I have two months (April 29th and May 29th) to pay off them off before they demand the original payment in full.

Is it legal for these people to ignored the DV letter and not properly verify it or prove they have the legal rights to collect in my state?  I'm totally lost at what to do next. I know it might be best to consult a laywer to look into this but I don't have the money for that.

I forgot to add, I never spoke to these people over phone so this is their first time hearing from me via the DV letter. Also, can one collection agency speak on behalf for another agency? Is Cach LLC and Pentagroup one in the same?

Pentagroup is franchisee of CACH they usually send nothing but leave phone messages, they may  pass it down to another affiliate, this time you may get a law office. Like Blitt & Gains (another affiliate) or Lowery's law office (Owner and shareholder of CACH/Two Square Financial) or John C Bonewicz (another affiliate).

Pentagroup is franchisee of CACH they usually send nothing but leave phone messages, they may  pass it down to another affiliate, this time you may get a law office. Like Blitt & Gains (another affiliate) or Lowery's law office (Owner and shareholder of CACH/Two Square Financial) or John C Bonewicz (another affiliate).

Good info. I dealt with them while it was at the OC still. Then it went to Blatt Hasenmiller for Equable and went to court.