Sign in to follow this  
want to love my credit

Number of inquiries on credit keep you from getting a mortgage?

Depends on what the inquiries were for.  Theorectically, multiple inquiries for a car loan or a home loan made within a couple days of each other only count as one.  Multiple inquiries for CCs hurt...particularly if you were turned down.

Multiple inquiries made within a 30 day period for mortgages all count as one.  

Can the number of inquires on your credit report keep you from getting a mortgage? Hopefully will be applying for a USDA Loan in about 3 months and want to make sure I have all my ducks in order :-)

An analogy of your credit report is compared to a beating heart.  You need information going into your credit report to keep it alive and healthy.  If you stop information from going into your report, it can dry up and have a "N/A" score (I witnessed this multiple times).

Yes the number of inquiry's on a credit report between soft pulls and hard pulls can bring your score down.  Credit Inquiry's only make up 1/5th of the total credit score. When applying for a new mortgage the key thing that is looked at, is recent transactions between your installment and revolving debt.  

If you haven't already received your credit report, you can also order free copy's from Equifax, Experian, and Transunion. 

See link for more information - http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/