admin

Pay For Delete Success Stories.

20 posts in this topic

This thread is to post your successes.  I'll start off with a couple that I know of:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/318515-to-pay-or-not-to-pay/#entry1218440

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/319978-old-judgement/#entry1240751

That guy settled with RJM one of the worst bottom feeders. They bought that debt for a few dollars, probably way past SOL. They were just hoping for any type of settlement like Colt said. Anything was a PROFIT to them at that point. I sure wouldn't advise it, especially to RJM.

But the collection came off his report.  A success.  

Small victory though, considering you have to pay through the nose to get it. In other words, they paid much more than RJM paid for the debt. They Won!

Small victory though, considering you have to pay through the nose to get it. In other words, they paid much more than RJM paid for the debt. They Won!

I disagree.  Getting something off of your credit report saves you lots of money.  

• Like 1

@TomnTex

True, but at what price?

Since Admin revived the thread, I'll respond.  :-)

Whether or not a pay for delete is worth it is relative.  If you're merely trying to clean up your CR but don't have a specific reason for doing so other than "I want to clean up my CR", a PFD might not be worth it.

However, if you need a decent CR because you're applying for a loan, then a PFD would be worth it. 

It's all relative.

@TomnTex

Hmmmmm, you two are ganging up on me now... ::USA::   I receed........ ::drowning::

We would never gang up on you.  Your input is greatly appreciated.  :-)

Sometimes we simply forget that what might not apply ourselves would apply to another person.

Hmmmmm, you two are ganging up on me now... ::USA::   I receed........ ::drowning::

Never!  We are simply discussing.  : ) @TomnTex

It's been a while since I posted on this forum and a lot has happened, my credit scores were in the high 500s and low 600s, after working at getting things settled and paying off debt, I can report that my scores are in the mid 700s... This website has been a god send of wealth!!

OK, so my partner didn't pay two medical bills, both went to collections 

One is with CMRE Financial Servies out of Brea CA. The other one is with Bureau of Medical Economics (BME),

I sent them both a Pay for Delete letter, CMRE was the first to respond with a positive letter, I followed the direction on the letter, made a copy of the letter with the check and mail it to them. Check was cashed now they have 30 days to comply. However, BME has not responded and the 15 days is up, I guess I need to send them a validation letter to get the information from who the money is owed or unless someone has a better idea on what to do. So we have one successful removal and one not..

Tony

Does the Pay for Delete option still apply for debts that have already been paid off but the negative info is still on the credit report? I have two accounts that went to collections but were paid off. Just want to get that info removed in any way possible. 7 years is a long time for bad things to be a credit report :-( Please help!

I'm at a standstill between creditor (the Bureaus Incorporated) and the debt collector (Frontline Asset Strategies). Frontline has verbally indicated that they are simply the collector of debt and have no authority to negotiate the deletion of the disputed debt. There stance is pay the outstanding obligation and follow up with the Bureaus Incorporate. The Bureaus Incorporated refuses to discuss the matter at hand, redirect me to Frontline. I am ready to cut a check to resolve, but my instincts tell me I will lose all leverage if I dont have an agreement prior to payment. Should I direct a settlement of debt letter to Frontline or The Bureaus Inc?

Good chance The Bureaus doesn't own the debt either. There are about 16 versions of The Bureaus, each owned by another. For instance Bureaus Investment Group 3 owns Bureaus Investment Group 15; #6 owns number whatever, etc. 

Before you even consider settling (and I'm not suggesting you do), make dang sure you know exactly which one of the slimy tentacles you're dealing with.

• Like 1

Refresher: I started May 12th with 8 collection accounts. (Irresponsible, not paying attention, muddle through divorce aftermatch,etc. Should not have let it happen, but I was burying my head in the sand hoping things would get better, "I'll take care of this later", etc. Not proud of it, but it's what I did.)

Two collection accounts have come off of my CR.

1) NCO - a CA. I paid the medical clinic that was the original creditor. I disupted the collection TL with CRA's as paid to original creditor - no knowledge of CA and/or TL. I included copies of checking account statement and older invoice from original creditor with my dispute. The collection account has been removed from my CR.

2) TEK COLLECT - a CA. I mailed a check for original amount ($56) to the original creditor. They mailed the check back with a handwritten note referring me to the CA. I had never received any correspondence from the CA - TEK COLLECT. I sent them a DV letter after disputing initially with the CRA's. Today, the collection account was deleted/removed. I was actually going to PFD this one, but instead.............deleted.

I have 6 more collection accounts to remove/delete, with hopes that I'll be successful with all, but know this is a tall order. Appreciate the wealth of knowledge that exists on this site!!! Thanks to all.

• Like 1

I have a collection on my credit report that was settled with a debt collector. The amount of the settled debt is incorrect on my credit report. I called the collection agency and they informed me that they do not report this on my trade line with the 3 CRA's. Verizon was there client and that Verizon reports this information.  I do not have this in writing but the collection agency told me that after the last payment it would be deleted from my Credit Report. Verizon informs me that pay for delete is illegal. Is that true?