Elan Financial Account 81 days pass due

crashlanded498

I have an elan financial cc account at about 81 days passed due,they call me every now and again,they won't budget reguarding entering me in a payment program. Chase let me enter a payment program and I tired 3 different reps in the collection department,no one budges. Does anyone have any experience with this company and know if they would accept a settlement and if so at what %. If the account goes past 90 days would they budget at all with the hardship program.  I told the lady on the phone last time that  I can honestly pay 100 a month if they were willing to waive late fees but these people seem real strict. The 1st 2 people were firm but nice but the last person who picked up the phone was brutal.   

The blance - abt 4400 with late fees

I think the fact it was 0 percent intrest card up until about 2 months ago,idk if this affects me entering a hard ship program.

I also have a 2nd cc from them and the bal is abt 500 but I been paying that balance off and was late maybe one time.

Any advice ?

• 2 weeks later...

They called me again yesterday and I was polite and explained I could only afford so much a month but was rejected for the hardship program. I got a nice lady who said that since I last used the card in jan,that she thinks, I might have better luck if i wait 2 weeks and then try to enter the hardship program again. The lady also said since I was a customer since 2011 that should work in my favor too.

I spoke to some one  again the fact I did a big balance transfer sometime last year looks bad I guess,this really the only card I just can't pay. The lady told me the I should sent atleast 43$ by 5-19 to avoid being at the 120 mark,which is i'm guessing would make my credit worse but I honeslty told paying the 43 is well and good but the following month i'm still in the same hole. The lastest person was polite but still very aggresive just in a nice manner. I'm thinking of paying the 43 so it doesn't effect the other card but i'm almost at a point who cares about my score. I want to have plan to have an end in site so one day i'm completly out of debt.   

I am speaking to someone in the collections department and not a regular customer service rep but it seems I need someone to cut me a break or some how get in contact with a high up manger who would let me in the hardship program. It seems the most recently call they were pressing hard for atleast the 43$ and wanted me to post date a check this or next friday. Since I'm struggling i'm afraid it might not have the money and overdraft. I got behind on my chase amazon card for around the same amount and at around 2 months I think ,they approved  me for a 5 year plan. I had to pay 79 dollars and my rate dropped down to 6%,$100 is strecting it but I can most likely afford to pay that.  My next plan of attack is calling a little before 5-19 and see if they ok the hardship program.

Does anyone think they would budget on the hardship program,if I go over 120 days will they give a settlement. I seen another forum the people have settled at around 25-30 percent but each case is different. I think paying all my other cc for the most part and the large balance transfer is making them hesiant to cut me some slack.  If they call i'm not gonna answer the phone until the 15th or so.  I'm also afraid if I do pay the 43$ that since I a have a recent payment any chance of a hardship program is gonna go out the window. If i can get a decent settlment offer if it's over 3 payments maybe i can scourge the money who knows.