Can't access credit report-what gives?

Hello,

I recently tried to take out a car loan at a small dealership, but got denied due to bad credit. The whole situation was kind of sketchy, I didn't even know what bank it was going to be through...Anyways, I decided to pull my free Annual Credit Report to see what banks/how many they tried to get me a loan through (wasn't going back to the dealer). I just checked my free one through Transunion a few months ago. (Jan. I think). I check the free one at various times throughout the year, (of course not the same reporting agency) and never once had a problem.

I tried Experian this time, and when it came time to answer the "verification" questions, not ONE of them pertained to me. Asked me about a home loan, which I've never had. Asked me about loans in 1998-WHEN I WAS 8 YEARS OLD!. Various banks I've never even heard of!

Tried it again through Equifax, this time I think 1 or 2 questions pertained to me, but still 2 of them I have no idea about. I keep trying to get the free one, but these questions keep getting more and more insane-this time asking me about a loan in 2002-when I was 12! And also asking me about some weird bank like Uono bank or something like that.

I can't even pay for one because it won't let me through...what gives!?!?! I'm starting to think it has something to do with this sketchy dealership and now I'm worried about identity theft or fraud.

Is there just a simple answer to this? Maybe something stupid?

Thanks for any and all help.

I'll have to call.  The thing is though, if my identity was stolen, wouldn't it ask me questions about this year or last year? Why 98 or 02? It had to have happened within the last few months, because I just checked it.

OR-this guy at the dealer tried several different banks, none of which I know the name or know of, and some of the questions pertained to those banks. He never told me what "banks" he tried.

At the same time, it seems like the questions don't even make sense anymore, it would be one thing if it asked me about a bank in a neighboring town or something, OK maybe he tried that bank and I could only guess...instead the questions are about home loans and oddly named banks.

Update:

Called myFico. They're saying I can't get a score through them because I don't have enough of a credit history. (I haven't paid on any CC in the last 6 months).

I tried to get a loan out through my bank in November, and they reported a score of 595 from Transunion. The bank can get one but I can't?

I think I've been completely locked out of Equifax and Experian for security reasons, even if I answer the questions correctly. It doesn't even ask me the questions anymore, just says to call Customer Service.

No, I can't even get a score from FICO because I don't have enough credit history. I don't really have anything in my credit report except a charged off Capital One and a couple of inquires. Evidently my "fico score" is too low because of this and is out of there (fico) score range.

But I can get my Transunion score, which was 580 today. I only got it after I called and answered the verification questions over the phone. I still didn't know the questions online...There's nothing strange in my credit report, so I don't get it?

The only funny thing in my report is that is says my current address is a PO Box that I had several years ago, is there a way to update my address to the correct one? I ordered my other reports over the phone, hopefully I will get them in the mail in the coming weeks.